Man Charged in Robbins Sexual Abuse, Aggravated Battery Case
Posted on September 7th, 2017
COOK COUNTY, IL – A 19-year-old Robbins man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Sheriff’s Police investigation found he sexually abused a woman and strangled her when she attempted to flee, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation, at approximately 5:45 a.m. on Sept. 4, Shaymontae Mobley let a 19-year-old Gary, Indiana woman borrow his cell phone to call for a ride after she had been left stranded in a car in the 14000 block of Finley Avenue in Robbins.
Mobley, who did not know the woman, got in the vehicle to wait with her. While in the vehicle, Mobley, according to the investigation, forced the woman to touch him and then strangled her when she tried to flee.
The victim eventually escaped. Her injuries were not life threatening.
Mobley was located by Robbins Police in the 13900 block of Grace Avenue and was taken into custody. Sheriff’s Police detectives conducted the investigation at the request of the Robbins Police Department.
Mobley has been charged with one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, one count of aggravated battery and one count of unlawful restraint and is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]