Man Charged in Robbins Sexual Abuse, Aggravated Battery Case
Posted on September 7th, 2017
COOK COUNTY, IL – A 19-year-old Robbins man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Sheriff’s Police investigation found he sexually abused a woman and strangled her when she attempted to flee, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation, at approximately 5:45 a.m. on Sept. 4, Shaymontae Mobley let a 19-year-old Gary, Indiana woman borrow his cell phone to call for a ride after she had been left stranded in a car in the 14000 block of Finley Avenue in Robbins.
Mobley, who did not know the woman, got in the vehicle to wait with her. While in the vehicle, Mobley, according to the investigation, forced the woman to touch him and then strangled her when she tried to flee.
The victim eventually escaped. Her injuries were not life threatening.
Mobley was located by Robbins Police in the 13900 block of Grace Avenue and was taken into custody. Sheriff’s Police detectives conducted the investigation at the request of the Robbins Police Department.
Mobley has been charged with one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, one count of aggravated battery and one count of unlawful restraint and is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]