Man Charged in Robbins Sexual Abuse, Aggravated Battery Case
Posted on September 7th, 2017
COOK COUNTY, IL – A 19-year-old Robbins man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Sheriff’s Police investigation found he sexually abused a woman and strangled her when she attempted to flee, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation, at approximately 5:45 a.m. on Sept. 4, Shaymontae Mobley let a 19-year-old Gary, Indiana woman borrow his cell phone to call for a ride after she had been left stranded in a car in the 14000 block of Finley Avenue in Robbins.
Mobley, who did not know the woman, got in the vehicle to wait with her. While in the vehicle, Mobley, according to the investigation, forced the woman to touch him and then strangled her when she tried to flee.
The victim eventually escaped. Her injuries were not life threatening.
Mobley was located by Robbins Police in the 13900 block of Grace Avenue and was taken into custody. Sheriff’s Police detectives conducted the investigation at the request of the Robbins Police Department.
Mobley has been charged with one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, one count of aggravated battery and one count of unlawful restraint and is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]