Man Charged with Reckless Homicide, Aggravated DUI in Fatal Crash
Posted on December 8th, 2017
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today that a 30-year-old man has been charged with aggravated DUI and reckless homicide in connection with a fatal crash in Robbins.
According to the Sheriff’s Police investigation, at approximately 10:25 p.m. on Sept. 20, Jerimea McGhee was driving a Buick Regal on Kedzie Avenue in Robbins when it crashed into a Toyota Corolla at the intersection of Kedzie Avenue and 139th Street. The Corolla’s passenger, 16-year-old Maria Santos of Blue Island, died at the scene. Her 35-year-old mother, who was the Corolla’s driver, was taken to an area hospital for treatment of her injuries.
The Sheriff’s Police investigation found that McGhee was speeding and had narcotics in his system at the time of the crash.
McGhee, of Blue Island, was taken into custody on Dec. 7. He has been charged with reckless homicide and aggravated DUI. He received a $200,000 D-bond today during a hearing at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]