Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution after Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security Investigation Found Former Brothel Site Resumed Operations
Posted on December 10th, 2017
An investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland Security led to the arrest of a 25-year-old Chicago man for promoting prostitution at a location that was previously found to have operated as a brothel, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Investigators learned that an apartment in the 3900 block of W. Lawrence Avenue in Chicago had resumed its illegal operation. The apartment was one of three locations where Sheriff’s Police and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) executed search warrants on June 27 after investigators learned those sites were operating as brothels. Two men were arrested then at that location, one for promoting prostitution and another for patronizing a prostitute.
On Dec. 7, an undercover officer went to the location and made an arrangement with a man, identified as Jesus Guerrero, to have sex with one of the women there for money.
After the “deal” was made, Sheriff’s Police and HSI investigators executed a search warrant at the apartment. Two women, including the one with whom the arrangement was made, were located inside. Both women were provided victim services.
Guerrero was not found in the apartment. He was located a few blocks away in a cab and was taken into custody.
Guerrero was charged with two counts of promoting prostitution and is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]