Man Charged For the Murder of His Cousin in Ford Heights
Posted on July 5th, 2016
A 20-year-old Ford Heights man has been charged with 1st degree murder after a Sheriff’s Police investigation found that he shot and killed his cousin, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Sheriff’s Police investigators found that on 10:30 a.m. on Friday, July 1, Duboris Harden, was outside in the driveway of a house on the 1400 block of 14th Place in Ford Heights with his cousin, Tyjuan Willingham, and four others. After a verbal altercation, Harden, who is on parole from IDOC for a previous burglary conviction, shot Willingham with a semiautomatic firearm before fleeing the scene.
Shortly after 12:00 p.m. on Friday, Willingham was pronounced dead at St. James Hospital. He suffered at least three gunshot wounds.
Sheriff’s Police investigators learned that Harden had pulled the fatal trigger and tracked him to a location on Deer Creek Lane, less than a mile from the site of the shooting.
Harden is currently being held at Cook County Jail after being given no bond at a Sunday hearing. His next court date is July 6 at Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff’s Police has served as the sole law enforcement authority in Ford Heights since 2008, when its police department was disbanded.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]