Man Charged in Justice Home Invasion
Posted on July 17th, 2016
A 44-year-old man has been charged with armed robbery and home invasion that occurred in unincorporated Justice, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 4:50 a.m. on July 14, Cook County Sheriff’s Police received a report of a home invasion at the Sterling Estates mobile home park. When Sheriff’s Police arrived they located the 74- year-old victim inside the residence with a sock tied around her mouth, which the responding officers untied. The woman did not appear to have physical injuries. She declined medical assistance.
Officers learned that a masked man entered the victim’s residence, threatened her with a knife, tied her up and took her debit card and her car keys. He then fled in the victim’s vehicle. The victim was able to free herself and call 9-1-1.
Officers located the victim’s vehicle a short distance away.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police identified the offender as Dandre Mabone. On July 15, Sheriff’s Police took him into custody outside his residence in the 400 block of Sterling East in unincorporated Justice.
Mabone, who has various aliases, has been charged with two counts of armed robbery and one count of home invasion. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]