Man Charged in Justice Home Invasion
Posted on July 17th, 2016
A 44-year-old man has been charged with armed robbery and home invasion that occurred in unincorporated Justice, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 4:50 a.m. on July 14, Cook County Sheriff’s Police received a report of a home invasion at the Sterling Estates mobile home park. When Sheriff’s Police arrived they located the 74- year-old victim inside the residence with a sock tied around her mouth, which the responding officers untied. The woman did not appear to have physical injuries. She declined medical assistance.
Officers learned that a masked man entered the victim’s residence, threatened her with a knife, tied her up and took her debit card and her car keys. He then fled in the victim’s vehicle. The victim was able to free herself and call 9-1-1.
Officers located the victim’s vehicle a short distance away.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police identified the offender as Dandre Mabone. On July 15, Sheriff’s Police took him into custody outside his residence in the 400 block of Sterling East in unincorporated Justice.
Mabone, who has various aliases, has been charged with two counts of armed robbery and one count of home invasion. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Warns of Phone Scam Involving Apple Inc.Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning of a sophisticated phone scam targeting Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Proposes Reforms to Close Deadly Gun Regulation LoopholesTo ensure the public is better protected from those who lose their right to carry deadly weapons, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found in ApartmentA Leyden Township man has been charged with multiple felonies after firearms, ammunition and [Read More]
- Pair Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition FoundTwo men have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after firearms and ammunition [Read More]
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]