Man Charged in Justice Home Invasion
Posted on July 17th, 2016
A 44-year-old man has been charged with armed robbery and home invasion that occurred in unincorporated Justice, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 4:50 a.m. on July 14, Cook County Sheriff’s Police received a report of a home invasion at the Sterling Estates mobile home park. When Sheriff’s Police arrived they located the 74- year-old victim inside the residence with a sock tied around her mouth, which the responding officers untied. The woman did not appear to have physical injuries. She declined medical assistance.
Officers learned that a masked man entered the victim’s residence, threatened her with a knife, tied her up and took her debit card and her car keys. He then fled in the victim’s vehicle. The victim was able to free herself and call 9-1-1.
Officers located the victim’s vehicle a short distance away.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police identified the offender as Dandre Mabone. On July 15, Sheriff’s Police took him into custody outside his residence in the 400 block of Sterling East in unincorporated Justice.
Mabone, who has various aliases, has been charged with two counts of armed robbery and one count of home invasion. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]