Man Charged in Justice Home Invasion
Posted on July 17th, 2016
A 44-year-old man has been charged with armed robbery and home invasion that occurred in unincorporated Justice, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 4:50 a.m. on July 14, Cook County Sheriff’s Police received a report of a home invasion at the Sterling Estates mobile home park. When Sheriff’s Police arrived they located the 74- year-old victim inside the residence with a sock tied around her mouth, which the responding officers untied. The woman did not appear to have physical injuries. She declined medical assistance.
Officers learned that a masked man entered the victim’s residence, threatened her with a knife, tied her up and took her debit card and her car keys. He then fled in the victim’s vehicle. The victim was able to free herself and call 9-1-1.
Officers located the victim’s vehicle a short distance away.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police identified the offender as Dandre Mabone. On July 15, Sheriff’s Police took him into custody outside his residence in the 400 block of Sterling East in unincorporated Justice.
Mabone, who has various aliases, has been charged with two counts of armed robbery and one count of home invasion. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]