Man Charged in Fatal Robbins Shooting
Posted on September 2nd, 2016
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today that a 20-year-old Minnesota man has been charged in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred last month in Robbins.
TreDaniel Williams was denied bond during his court appearance on Thursday at the Markham Courthouse. He has been charged with murder and attempted murder.
On the morning of Aug. 8, Sheriff’s Police Detectives were requested by Robbins Police to investigate a shooting in their jurisdiction.
Detectives learned that a 29-year-old Berwyn man and a 27-year-old Chicago man had been shot at approximately 1 a.m. on Aug. 8 in the 13500 S. St. Louis Avenue. According to the investigation, the offender shot the victims during an apparent drug deal. The 29-year-old victim was pronounced dead at an area hospital. The 27-year-old victim’s injuries were not life threatening.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the offender as Williams and learned that he may have fled to Minneapolis, Minn., where he is from.
An arrest warrant was issued for Williams on Aug. 10. The FBI Violent Crimes Task Force took Williams into custody in Minneapolis on Aug. 12. He was taken to Hennepin County Jail. Williams, who waived extradition, returned to Cook County on Aug. 31.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- 25 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Man Charged with Illegally Transferring FirearmCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 22-year-old Midlothian man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police [Read More]
- Man Charged with Aggravated Battery to a Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Cook County [Read More]
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Ford Heights ShootingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an investigation [Read More]
- Woman Charged with Stabbing Woman, Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 42-year-old woman has been charged with aggravated battery after a Cook County [Read More]