Man Charged after Gun Found in Backpack at the Daley Center
Posted on August 31st, 2018
A 42-year-old Chicago man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a loaded gun was found in his backpack at the Daley Center security screening area, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 3:20 p.m. on Aug. 28, deputies screening items at the Daley Center saw what appeared to be a firearm inside a backpack that belonged to Brian King. A search of the backpack found a 9mm semi-automatic pistol inside.
King, who had come to the Daley Center to pay traffic tickets and to inquire about his suspended license, was charged on Aug. 29 with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and defacing identification marks of a firearm. His bond was set at $50,000-D during his court appearance on Aug. 30 at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Warns of Ruse BurglariesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning the public about ruse burglaries following an [Read More]
- Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township ShootingTwo teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook [Read More]
- Matteson Man Charged after Sheriff’s Police Recover Two Loaded FirearmsA Matteson man has been charged after Sheriff’s Police recovered two loaded firearms during a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 390 ArrestsCOOK COUNTY, IL – More than 390 individuals were arrested by two dozen police agencies across the [Read More]