Man Charged after Gun Found in Backpack at the Daley Center
Posted on August 31st, 2018
A 42-year-old Chicago man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a loaded gun was found in his backpack at the Daley Center security screening area, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 3:20 p.m. on Aug. 28, deputies screening items at the Daley Center saw what appeared to be a firearm inside a backpack that belonged to Brian King. A search of the backpack found a 9mm semi-automatic pistol inside.
King, who had come to the Daley Center to pay traffic tickets and to inquire about his suspended license, was charged on Aug. 29 with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and defacing identification marks of a firearm. His bond was set at $50,000-D during his court appearance on Aug. 30 at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]
- Information Sought on Hit and Run DriverCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van Dyke Post-Trial HearingMembers of the public interested in attending the People vs. Van Dyke post-trial hearing scheduled [Read More]
- CVS Health, Sheriff Tom Dart Announce Joint Effort to Raise Consumer Awareness about Safe Medication Disposal in Cook CountyCVS Health (NYSE: CVS) and Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today announced a joint effort to [Read More]