Man Brought Back to Cook County to Face Charges in Incident Where Victim Was Battered, Put in Cage
Posted on September 25th, 2015
A 28-year-old man who was wanted in connection with a 2014 aggravated domestic battery incident where another man was put in a dog cage and had hot wax thrown on him, has returned to Cook County to face charges, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
William Bailey, of Grand Rapids, Mich., appeared today at the Skokie Courthouse, where his total bond was set at $1 million. Bailey has been charged with aggravated battery, unlawful restraint and robbery.
Bailey previously had been held in Michigan. Members of the Cook County Sheriff’s Central Warrant Unit returned Bailey to Cook County on Sept.24, after his Michigan cases were resolved.
According to the Sheriff’s Police investigation, detectives responded to an area hospital on Sept. 30, 2014 on a report of a battery. They learned that the 47-year-old victim had been battered by Bailey, his cousin, who had been staying at the victim’s unincorporated Des Plaines apartment.
Bailey punched the victim and confined him to a dog cage, according to the investigation. He threw hot wax on the victim, and the victim was burned with cigarette lighter.
The victim was able to escape and went to the home of a neighbor, who called for help. The victim was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Bailey fled the scene in the victim’s vehicle, a gray/silver 1992 Toyota Camry. He was found in the victim’s vehicle on Oct. 12, 2014 in Berrien County, Mich., by local authorities.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]