Man Arrested for Two Burglaries in Unincorporated Des Plaines
Posted on February 7th, 2016
An 18-year-old man who was taken into custody for one burglary was also charged in connection with another burglary after Sheriff’s Police officers found items stolen from a second location, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Humberto Moran, of unincorporated Des Plaines, is scheduled to appear today for a bond hearing at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building. He has been charged with two counts of residential burglary.
At approximately 3:30 a.m. on Saturday, Sheriff’s Police received a report of a burglary in progress occurring in the 9600 block of N. Greenwood in unincorporated Des Plaines. They also received a description of the offender who was fleeing the scene at the time of the report.
Sheriff’s Police officers responded and searched the area for the offender. During their search, officers received a report of a suspicious person in an apartment complex in the 8600 block of Golf Road. Officers located a man at that location who matched the description of the offender in the burglary. They also observed a wallet and other items near the man, who as identified as Moran. The wallet contained items that belonged to someone other than Moran or the victim.
Officers learned those items belonged to a second burglary victim, who lived in the apartment complex where officers located Moran.
Further investigation by Sheriff’s Police identified Moran as the offender in both burglaries.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]