Man Arrested for Solicitation After Caught in Sheriff’s Vice Sting For the Third Time
Posted on July 15th, 2016
A man who had been cited in two previous Sheriff’s Police johns stings was arrested Thursday after his third run-in with a Sheriff’s Vice Unit undercover operation, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Terrence Murphy, 48, of Bellwood, had previously been cited for the violation of the County’s public morals nuisance in separate Sheriff’s Police undercover operations this year. He was first cited on Feb. 5 in Central Stickney Township and then again on March 24 in Palos Township. Each time, he arrived at a hotel after responding to a Backpage.com advertisement.
On July 14, Murphy responded to another Backpage.com advertisement. When he arrived at the hotel in Proviso Township, he recognized the woman as a Sheriff’s police officer from a previous operation. He attempted to leave, but was immediately arrested by Sheriff’s Police officers.
He was charged with solicitation of a sex act, a misdemeanor.
Murphy is the dean of students at Eisenhower High School in Blue Island.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]