Man Arrested for Selling Illegal Fireworks
Posted on July 3rd, 2015
A Chicago man has been arrested after Cook County Sheriff’s Police seized approximately 1,900 pounds of illegal fireworks, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
Vincent Saraceno, 36, was arrested Thursday morning after Sheriff’s Police found him selling illegal fireworks from a tent in a parking lot located in the 900 block of W. North Avenue in Melrose Park.
Saraceno was charged with possession/sale/use of fireworks, a misdemeanor.
The fireworks recovered are a mass detonation hazard. If one inadvertently detonates, the explosion detonates the others.
These types of fireworks should only be handled by licensed professionals.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Announces Electronic Monitoring Program Transition from Radio Frequency to GPS BraceletsTo address the continued increase of criminal defendants court-ordered to the Sheriff’s Electronic [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police and Deputies Assist Chicago Police Department with LootingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office deployed approximately 120 additional officers to the South and [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Calls for Legislation to Require FOID Card Verification to Prevent Illegal Ammunition PurchasesCOOK COUNTY, IL – With Chicago reeling from a sharp increase in shootings and gun-related homicides [Read More]
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General PublicThree weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly [Read More]