Man Arrested for Selling Illegal Fireworks
Posted on July 3rd, 2015
A Chicago man has been arrested after Cook County Sheriff’s Police seized approximately 1,900 pounds of illegal fireworks, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
Vincent Saraceno, 36, was arrested Thursday morning after Sheriff’s Police found him selling illegal fireworks from a tent in a parking lot located in the 900 block of W. North Avenue in Melrose Park.
Saraceno was charged with possession/sale/use of fireworks, a misdemeanor.
The fireworks recovered are a mass detonation hazard. If one inadvertently detonates, the explosion detonates the others.
These types of fireworks should only be handled by licensed professionals.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]