Man Arrested in Ford Heights Store Shooting
Posted on November 12th, 2015
A 19-year-old man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured another man at Ford Heights’ store, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Sheriff’s Police investigation, the 32-year-old victim was shot on Nov. 8 by a man who attempted to rob him at the New Way Foods in the 1300 block of E. Lincoln Highway. The victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment of injuries that did not appear to be life threatening.
The Sheriff’s Police investigation identified the shooter as Robert Newcomb of Ford Heights. Newcomb was taken into custody on Nov. 8. On Nov. 10, he was charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and attempted armed robbery. Newcomb’s bond was set at $750,000 during a hearing at the Markham Courthouse on Nov. 10.
Newcomb’s next scheduled court date is Nov. 30 at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]