Man Arrested in Ford Heights Store Shooting
Posted on November 12th, 2015
A 19-year-old man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured another man at Ford Heights’ store, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Sheriff’s Police investigation, the 32-year-old victim was shot on Nov. 8 by a man who attempted to rob him at the New Way Foods in the 1300 block of E. Lincoln Highway. The victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment of injuries that did not appear to be life threatening.
The Sheriff’s Police investigation identified the shooter as Robert Newcomb of Ford Heights. Newcomb was taken into custody on Nov. 8. On Nov. 10, he was charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and attempted armed robbery. Newcomb’s bond was set at $750,000 during a hearing at the Markham Courthouse on Nov. 10.
Newcomb’s next scheduled court date is Nov. 30 at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]