Man Arrested in Ford Heights Armed Robbery
Posted on December 11th, 2015
A 20-year-old man has been arrested for an armed robbery in Ford Heights, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Sheriff’s Police investigation on Dec. 5, a man approached the 22-year-old victim as he exited his vehicle in the 1500 block of Embassy Lane. The offender displayed a handgun and demanded the victim’s wallet and money. The offender, who knew his victim, struck the victim in the head with the gun, according to the report. A struggle for the weapon ensued and during that struggle the gun discharged, and the bullet struck an unoccupied vehicle. No one was injured from the gunfire. The offender fled the area on foot.
The victim was taken to an area hospital where he was treated for his injuries and released.
Michael Johnson, of Ford Heights, was taken into custody on Dec. 8 after the investigation identified him as the offender. Johnson was charged with one count of armed robbery on Dec. 9. His bond was set at $350,000 during a Dec. 10 hearing at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]