Jail Inmate Charged With Aggravated Battery to Staff
Posted on June 29th, 2017
A Cook County Jail inmate has been charged with aggravated battery to a peace officer causing great bodily harm after seriously injuring a correctional deputy, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Sheriff’s Office investigation, at approximately 8:50 a.m. on June 28, 22-year-old Jason Killingsworth – who was being placed in a holding cell in the jail’s in-take area – struck a correctional deputy several times.
Chicago Police officers who were in the in-take area dropping off new inmates and correctional deputies came to the aid of the injured deputy. Killingsworth was secured by staff.
The deputy was taken by ambulance to an area hospital for treatment of serious, but not life threatening injuries.
Killingsworth, who was booked at the jail on June 28 on a robbery charge, has a current bond of $100,000-D. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing for the aggravated battery charge, a class 1 felony, on Friday at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]