Inmates face Multiple Charges of Aggravated Battery to Staff
Posted on October 14th, 2016
Two detainees involved in separate incidents were charged with aggravated battery to a peace officer, Sheriff Thomas J Dart announced today.
Latayuss Curry, 22, was charged with two counts of aggravated battery for an incident from June 20 in maximum security Division 9. The detainee allegedly projected a milk carton containing a mixture of excrement and urine onto the two officers who were handing him his meal. Curry has been in CCDOC custody since March 2015 on charges for home invasion, aggravated criminal sexual assault with a firearm, and kidnapping among others.
In the second incident on June 29, two correctional deputies were escorting Mark Hall, 20, to the dispensary when he began shifting and dropping his entire body weight onto the officers. According to investigators, the detainee kicked one of them in the leg and then threatened to kill him. Hall has been charged with aggravated battery to a peace officer on twelve separate occasions since he came into CCDOC custody in July 2014.
Sheriff Dart also reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]