Inmates face Multiple Charges of Aggravated Battery to Staff
Posted on October 14th, 2016
Two detainees involved in separate incidents were charged with aggravated battery to a peace officer, Sheriff Thomas J Dart announced today.
Latayuss Curry, 22, was charged with two counts of aggravated battery for an incident from June 20 in maximum security Division 9. The detainee allegedly projected a milk carton containing a mixture of excrement and urine onto the two officers who were handing him his meal. Curry has been in CCDOC custody since March 2015 on charges for home invasion, aggravated criminal sexual assault with a firearm, and kidnapping among others.
In the second incident on June 29, two correctional deputies were escorting Mark Hall, 20, to the dispensary when he began shifting and dropping his entire body weight onto the officers. According to investigators, the detainee kicked one of them in the leg and then threatened to kill him. Hall has been charged with aggravated battery to a peace officer on twelve separate occasions since he came into CCDOC custody in July 2014.
Sheriff Dart also reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]