Information Sought in Thornton Township Homicide
Posted on April 10th, 2017
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help identifying the person who shot and killed a 37-year-old woman in Thornton Township.
At approximately 2 p.m. on April 6, a woman was found in her vehicle parked in front of her home in the 15500 block of South Paxton Ave, according to the Sheriff’s Police investigation. The woman, identified as Ramona Shelton, had been shot multiple times. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sheriff’s Police detectives learned that the last time Shelton was seen was at approximately 11:35 a.m. that day leaving her residence to get lunch for contractors working on her home. It does not appear she ever left her driveway.
The Sheriff’s Police investigation is ongoing.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about this homicide to call Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]