Information Sought on Hit and Run Driver
Posted on November 3rd, 2018
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that struck and seriously injured a pedestrian in Leyden Township.
At approximately 9:50 p.m. on Oct. 30, Sheriff’s Police learned from a passing motorist that a person was laying in the middle of Mannheim Road at Lyndale Avenue. The officers found the woman in the roadway and rendered aid until the paramedics arrived. She was taken to an area hospital for treatment of serious injuries. She is expected to recover.
The 27-year-old woman was struck by a car traveling southbound on Mannheim Road.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the driver or the incident to call Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]