Information Sought on Hit and Run Driver
Posted on November 3rd, 2018
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that struck and seriously injured a pedestrian in Leyden Township.
At approximately 9:50 p.m. on Oct. 30, Sheriff’s Police learned from a passing motorist that a person was laying in the middle of Mannheim Road at Lyndale Avenue. The officers found the woman in the roadway and rendered aid until the paramedics arrived. She was taken to an area hospital for treatment of serious injuries. She is expected to recover.
The 27-year-old woman was struck by a car traveling southbound on Mannheim Road.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the driver or the incident to call Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van Dyke Post-Trial HearingMembers of the public interested in attending the People vs. Van Dyke post-trial hearing scheduled [Read More]
- CVS Health, Sheriff Tom Dart Announce Joint Effort to Raise Consumer Awareness about Safe Medication Disposal in Cook CountyCVS Health (NYSE: CVS) and Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today announced a joint effort to [Read More]
- Two Men Charged After Being Found with Stolen VehicleTwo men have been charged after a traffic stop revealed they were in possession of a stolen [Read More]