Information Sought on Hit and Run Driver
Posted on November 3rd, 2018
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that struck and seriously injured a pedestrian in Leyden Township.
At approximately 9:50 p.m. on Oct. 30, Sheriff’s Police learned from a passing motorist that a person was laying in the middle of Mannheim Road at Lyndale Avenue. The officers found the woman in the roadway and rendered aid until the paramedics arrived. She was taken to an area hospital for treatment of serious injuries. She is expected to recover.
The 27-year-old woman was struck by a car traveling southbound on Mannheim Road.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the driver or the incident to call Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart’s Child Rescue Unit Locates 1000th Youth in CareCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Child Rescue Unit (CRU) located its 1,000th [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Chess Team Places Second in International Chess TournamentCOOK COUNTY, IL – Seven individuals in custody at the Cook County Jail competed this morning in an [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Multiple Felonies for Explicit Texts, Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man who engaged in sexually explicit conversations and sent graphic [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Spotlights Public-Facing Community Resource CenterCOOK COUNTY, IL – With significant challenges facing Chicago area residents who struggle with [Read More]
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]