Information Sought on Hit and Run Driver
Posted on November 3rd, 2018
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that struck and seriously injured a pedestrian in Leyden Township.
At approximately 9:50 p.m. on Oct. 30, Sheriff’s Police learned from a passing motorist that a person was laying in the middle of Mannheim Road at Lyndale Avenue. The officers found the woman in the roadway and rendered aid until the paramedics arrived. She was taken to an area hospital for treatment of serious injuries. She is expected to recover.
The 27-year-old woman was struck by a car traveling southbound on Mannheim Road.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the driver or the incident to call Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Warns of Phone Scam Involving Apple Inc.Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning of a sophisticated phone scam targeting Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Proposes Reforms to Close Deadly Gun Regulation LoopholesTo ensure the public is better protected from those who lose their right to carry deadly weapons, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found in ApartmentA Leyden Township man has been charged with multiple felonies after firearms, ammunition and [Read More]
- Pair Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition FoundTwo men have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after firearms and ammunition [Read More]
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]