Information Sought on Hit and Run Driver
Posted on November 3rd, 2018
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that struck and seriously injured a pedestrian in Leyden Township.
At approximately 9:50 p.m. on Oct. 30, Sheriff’s Police learned from a passing motorist that a person was laying in the middle of Mannheim Road at Lyndale Avenue. The officers found the woman in the roadway and rendered aid until the paramedics arrived. She was taken to an area hospital for treatment of serious injuries. She is expected to recover.
The 27-year-old woman was struck by a car traveling southbound on Mannheim Road.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the driver or the incident to call Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]