Information Sought in Fatal Hit and Run
Posted on November 5th, 2018
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a vehicle that struck and killed a pedestrian.
At approximately 7 p.m. on Nov. 4, Sheriff’s Police responded to a call of an unresponsive female found on the roadway in the 2100 block of Lincoln Highway. It was determined that a vehicle struck her and that vehicle had left the scene. The 42-year-old woman was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The offending vehicle is believed to be a white GMC Sierra pickup truck. This vehicle has extensive front-end damage.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the driver or the incident to call Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Warns of Phone Scam Involving Apple Inc.Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning of a sophisticated phone scam targeting Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Proposes Reforms to Close Deadly Gun Regulation LoopholesTo ensure the public is better protected from those who lose their right to carry deadly weapons, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found in ApartmentA Leyden Township man has been charged with multiple felonies after firearms, ammunition and [Read More]
- Pair Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition FoundTwo men have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after firearms and ammunition [Read More]
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]