Information Sought in Fatal Hit and Run
Posted on November 5th, 2018
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a vehicle that struck and killed a pedestrian.
At approximately 7 p.m. on Nov. 4, Sheriff’s Police responded to a call of an unresponsive female found on the roadway in the 2100 block of Lincoln Highway. It was determined that a vehicle struck her and that vehicle had left the scene. The 42-year-old woman was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The offending vehicle is believed to be a white GMC Sierra pickup truck. This vehicle has extensive front-end damage.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the driver or the incident to call Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]