Information Sought in Fatal Hit and Run
Posted on November 5th, 2018
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a vehicle that struck and killed a pedestrian.
At approximately 7 p.m. on Nov. 4, Sheriff’s Police responded to a call of an unresponsive female found on the roadway in the 2100 block of Lincoln Highway. It was determined that a vehicle struck her and that vehicle had left the scene. The 42-year-old woman was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The offending vehicle is believed to be a white GMC Sierra pickup truck. This vehicle has extensive front-end damage.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the driver or the incident to call Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Warns of Ruse BurglariesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning the public about ruse burglaries following an [Read More]
- Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township ShootingTwo teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook [Read More]
- Matteson Man Charged after Sheriff’s Police Recover Two Loaded FirearmsA Matteson man has been charged after Sheriff’s Police recovered two loaded firearms during a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 390 ArrestsCOOK COUNTY, IL – More than 390 individuals were arrested by two dozen police agencies across the [Read More]