Information Sought in Fatal Hit and Run
Posted on November 5th, 2018
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a vehicle that struck and killed a pedestrian.
At approximately 7 p.m. on Nov. 4, Sheriff’s Police responded to a call of an unresponsive female found on the roadway in the 2100 block of Lincoln Highway. It was determined that a vehicle struck her and that vehicle had left the scene. The 42-year-old woman was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The offending vehicle is believed to be a white GMC Sierra pickup truck. This vehicle has extensive front-end damage.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the driver or the incident to call Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought on Hit and Run DriverCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van Dyke Post-Trial HearingMembers of the public interested in attending the People vs. Van Dyke post-trial hearing scheduled [Read More]
- CVS Health, Sheriff Tom Dart Announce Joint Effort to Raise Consumer Awareness about Safe Medication Disposal in Cook CountyCVS Health (NYSE: CVS) and Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today announced a joint effort to [Read More]
- Two Men Charged After Being Found with Stolen VehicleTwo men have been charged after a traffic stop revealed they were in possession of a stolen [Read More]