Set up an Individual in Custody Phone
Beginning June 13, 2019, Cook County Jail will have a new service provider for individual in custody phone calls called Legacy Individual in Custody Communications. Funds for the previous provider, Securus, will no longer be accepted for individual in custody phone call payments. Securus prepaid account balances must be used by June 13, 2019.
To ensure a seamless transition between providers, members of the public wishing to receive calls from an individual in custody are encouraged to set up pre-paid accounts to their home, cell phone, or international telephone number. These accounts will be used to pay for phone calls made to a specific number by an individual in custody. Money may be added to these accounts beginning June 7.
After June 13, the public may also deposit money to an individual in custody’s prepaid cardless debit calling account. These funds may be used by an individual in custody to call any number.
Information on the new phone provider and the types of accounts offered may be found here.
Information on how to set up a prepaid account may be found at connect.legacyinmate.com
Questions may be directed to Legacy’s 24/7 friends and family call center at 1-800-356-8390
Legacy Individual in Custody Communications Calling Rates:
- Local $0.06 Per Minute
- Intrastate $0.06 Per Minute
- Interstate $0.06 Per Minute
- International (Mexico & Canada) $0.08 Per Minute
- International (All Others) $0.13 Per Minute
Recent Press Releases
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Ford Heights ShootingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an investigation [Read More]
- Woman Charged with Stabbing Woman, Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 42-year-old woman has been charged with aggravated battery after a Cook County [Read More]
- Electronic Monitoring Participant Charged after Weapons Recovered from ResidenceCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 21-year-old Chicago man on electronic monitoring for a firearm offense is [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart’s Child Rescue Unit Locates 1000th Youth in CareCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Child Rescue Unit (CRU) located its 1,000th [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Chess Team Places Second in International Chess TournamentCOOK COUNTY, IL – Seven individuals in custody at the Cook County Jail competed this morning in an [Read More]