Harvey Man Arrested in Dixmoor Homicide
Posted on April 19th, 2016
A 19-year-old man is facing murder charges following a South Suburban Major Crimes Taskforce Investigation, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Eduardo Ocampo, of Harvey, was arrested on Sunday, April 17, less than 36 hours after the homicide of Gabino Barrera. On Saturday, April 16, just one day after Barrera’s 18th birthday, Dixmoor Police responded to a call of shots fired and found Barrera in the driver’s seat of a truck located on the 14000 block of Western Ave. He was pronounced deceased on the scene with several gunshot wounds.
Dixmoor Police requested that Cook County Sheriff’s Police assist in the investigation, in addition to activating the South Suburban Major Crimes Taskforce. After an investigation, detectives identified Ocampo as the suspect and brought him into custody.
Ocampo faces one count of 1st degree murder. He is currently being held at Cook County Jail on a 1 million dollar bond. His next court date is on May 9th, 2016 at 9:00am at Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]