Fugitive Apprehended in Georgia
Posted on March 4th, 2017
At 11:20 p.m. Friday, fugitive Garrett Glover was apprehended without incident in Lithonia, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
He was arrested in the apartment of a person suspected to be a relative’s girlfriend and was found asleep on the floor. He is in custody and will be extradited to Cook County to face charges of escape in addition to parole violations.
Glover was erroneously released from the Illinois Department of Corrections and processed onto their parole program on Friday, Feb. 24.
Since learning of his release Monday morning, over 100 members of the Sheriff’s office and multiple teams of the United States Marshal’s Fugitive Task Forces in Chicago and Georgia have worked around the clock to secure Glover’s apprehension.
Sheriff Dart wishes to thank the men and women of the Cook County Sheriff’s Office, the United States Marshal’s Service and the Chicago Police Department for their exceptional assistance in the manhunt for Garrett Glover.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]