Fugitive Apprehended in Georgia
Posted on March 4th, 2017
At 11:20 p.m. Friday, fugitive Garrett Glover was apprehended without incident in Lithonia, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
He was arrested in the apartment of a person suspected to be a relative’s girlfriend and was found asleep on the floor. He is in custody and will be extradited to Cook County to face charges of escape in addition to parole violations.
Glover was erroneously released from the Illinois Department of Corrections and processed onto their parole program on Friday, Feb. 24.
Since learning of his release Monday morning, over 100 members of the Sheriff’s office and multiple teams of the United States Marshal’s Fugitive Task Forces in Chicago and Georgia have worked around the clock to secure Glover’s apprehension.
Sheriff Dart wishes to thank the men and women of the Cook County Sheriff’s Office, the United States Marshal’s Service and the Chicago Police Department for their exceptional assistance in the manhunt for Garrett Glover.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]