Four Detainees Indicted in Connection with Robbery of another Detainee
Posted on May 22nd, 2018
Four detainees have been indicted on multiple felony charges in connection with a robbery of another detainee, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9 p.m. on April 28, a detainee on Cook County Department of Corrections bus heading to Cook County Jail from Jefferson County was pushed off the property bag he was sitting on by one detainee. He was pulled by his hair away from his seat and held down by another detainee. Items were then taken from his property bag.
A Sheriff’s Office investigation identified four detainees involved in this incident:
- Shaquille Williams, 24, booked originally in 2015 on a murder charge
- Demetrius Tucker, 23, booked originally in 2017 on attempt robbery and aggravated battery charges
- Darnell Cockrell, 22, booked originally in 2017 on aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, aggravated battery and aggravated domestic battery charges
- Devanta Howell, 26, booked originally in 2015 on an attempt murder charge
On May 18, a Cook County Grand Jury indicted Williams, Tucker, Cockrell and Howell on charges of robbery, unlawful restraint, theft and aggravated battery.
The defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]