Four Charged in Palos Park Home Invasion
Posted on July 7th, 2016
Four people have been charged with 1st degree murder and home invasion, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Tuesday July 5th, at approximately 10:30p.m., Sheriff’s Police responded to an alleged home invasion on the 11000 block of West 118th Street in Palos Park.
The victim informed patrol officers that offenders forced their way into his residence and were displaying a knife.
The victim, who has a valid Firearm Owner Identification card and a Concealed Carry License, told Police he fired his handgun at the intruders, fatally striking one and injuring another.
Anthony Dalton, 19, from Cedar Lake, Indiana, was pronounced dead at the scene with a fatal gunshot wound to the chest.
Police obtained identities of the other suspects from one of the offenders who emerged from a wooded area surrounding the home.
Defendants and sisters Brandy Marshall, 19 and Paige Marshall, 20, as well as Sarah Risner, 20 appeared in bond court today. Each is being held on 2 million dollar bonds. Their next court date is August 3rd at Bridgeview Courthouse.
Defendants Tyler Gulli, 23, is currently hospitalized and will appear in bond court after he is released.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General PublicThree weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Resumes In-Person Visitation for Detainees at Cook County JailIn-person family visits have resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart, New Roseland Community Hospital Opens COVID-19 Test Site for Sheriff’s Office EmployeesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced that a mobile COVID-19 testing site opened today at [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAs part of its ongoing effort to inform the public of the measures being taken to combat the spread [Read More]