Four Charged in Palos Park Home Invasion
Posted on July 7th, 2016
Four people have been charged with 1st degree murder and home invasion, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Tuesday July 5th, at approximately 10:30p.m., Sheriff’s Police responded to an alleged home invasion on the 11000 block of West 118th Street in Palos Park.
The victim informed patrol officers that offenders forced their way into his residence and were displaying a knife.
The victim, who has a valid Firearm Owner Identification card and a Concealed Carry License, told Police he fired his handgun at the intruders, fatally striking one and injuring another.
Anthony Dalton, 19, from Cedar Lake, Indiana, was pronounced dead at the scene with a fatal gunshot wound to the chest.
Police obtained identities of the other suspects from one of the offenders who emerged from a wooded area surrounding the home.
Defendants and sisters Brandy Marshall, 19 and Paige Marshall, 20, as well as Sarah Risner, 20 appeared in bond court today. Each is being held on 2 million dollar bonds. Their next court date is August 3rd at Bridgeview Courthouse.
Defendants Tyler Gulli, 23, is currently hospitalized and will appear in bond court after he is released.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]