Four Charged in Palos Park Home Invasion
Posted on July 7th, 2016
Four people have been charged with 1st degree murder and home invasion, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Tuesday July 5th, at approximately 10:30p.m., Sheriff’s Police responded to an alleged home invasion on the 11000 block of West 118th Street in Palos Park.
The victim informed patrol officers that offenders forced their way into his residence and were displaying a knife.
The victim, who has a valid Firearm Owner Identification card and a Concealed Carry License, told Police he fired his handgun at the intruders, fatally striking one and injuring another.
Anthony Dalton, 19, from Cedar Lake, Indiana, was pronounced dead at the scene with a fatal gunshot wound to the chest.
Police obtained identities of the other suspects from one of the offenders who emerged from a wooded area surrounding the home.
Defendants and sisters Brandy Marshall, 19 and Paige Marshall, 20, as well as Sarah Risner, 20 appeared in bond court today. Each is being held on 2 million dollar bonds. Their next court date is August 3rd at Bridgeview Courthouse.
Defendants Tyler Gulli, 23, is currently hospitalized and will appear in bond court after he is released.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]