Please be advised that pursuant to Cook County Circuit Court General Orders and health concerns resulting from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) enforcement of residential Eviction Orders have been suspended as of March 14, 2020. Please keep in mind that this suspension of enforcement may cause your Eviction Order to expire prior to being executed by the Cook County Sheriff’s Office. Please review and comply with 735 ILCS 5/9-117 or if applicable, Cook County Circuit Court orders to ensure that all Eviction Orders remain enforceable.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Announces Electronic Monitoring Program Transition from Radio Frequency to GPS BraceletsTo address the continued increase of criminal defendants court-ordered to the Sheriff’s Electronic [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police and Deputies Assist Chicago Police Department with LootingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office deployed approximately 120 additional officers to the South and [Read More]
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General PublicThree weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Resumes In-Person Visitation for Detainees at Cook County JailIn-person family visits have resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three [Read More]