Please be advised that pursuant to Cook County Circuit Court General Orders and health concerns resulting from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) enforcement of residential Eviction Orders have been suspended as of March 14, 2020. Please keep in mind that this suspension of enforcement may cause your Eviction Order to expire prior to being executed by the Cook County Sheriff’s Office. Please review and comply with 735 ILCS 5/9-117 or if applicable, Cook County Circuit Court orders to ensure that all Eviction Orders remain enforceable.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Partners with Loretto Hospital for Staff COVID TestingCOOK COUNTY, IL – As the city of Chicago continues to battle a second wave of COVID-19 cases, the [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation Temporarily Suspended at Cook County JailWith the number of COVID-19 cases in Chicago and Cook County on the rise, and in light of the [Read More]
- COVID-19 Rise in Community Leads to Case Increase in Cook County JailAs the Chicago area experiences a significant rise in COVID-19 cases, the Cook County Jail is also [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Office Launches Co-Responder Virtual Substance Abuse Assistance ProgramCOOK COUNTY, IL – With the COVID-19 pandemic presenting new challenges, Cook County Sheriff Thomas [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Criminal Sexual AbuseA 51-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]