Civilian Employment Opportunities
Welcome to the Cook County Sheriff’s Office job posting and online application site.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office transitioned into a new recruitment system effective July 30, 2010. This new system now allows Candidates the ability to search and apply for open positions with the Cook County Sheriff’s Office online.
Candidates can search for job opportunities and apply for one (1) or multiple positions from the convenience of their own home, from any public library offering computer services or by utilizing the computer kiosks located at the Richard J. Daley Center, 50 W. Washington, Room 702 or the Cook County kiosks located at the County Building, 118 N. Clark St., 8th Floor.
To view the Candidate Experience Click-by-Click instructions on how to use the online application system, click on the following link:
To view the Cook County Sheriff’s Office open positions and to apply online, click on the following link:
NOTE: If you do not see any positions that match your qualifications and/or preferences, we encourage you to complete a Candidate Profile. This will enable you to specify the type of job, location etc., you are seeking and create an email agent to notify you when new positions are posted which meet your criteria. To create a Candidate Profile, simply open the link shown above, create your User Name and Password, click on “My jobpage” and click “Access my profile”.
Thank you for your interest in the Cook County Sheriff’s Office.
Recent Press Releases
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Ford Heights ShootingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an investigation [Read More]
- Woman Charged with Stabbing Woman, Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 42-year-old woman has been charged with aggravated battery after a Cook County [Read More]
- Electronic Monitoring Participant Charged after Weapons Recovered from ResidenceCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 21-year-old Chicago man on electronic monitoring for a firearm offense is [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart’s Child Rescue Unit Locates 1000th Youth in CareCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Child Rescue Unit (CRU) located its 1,000th [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Chess Team Places Second in International Chess TournamentCOOK COUNTY, IL – Seven individuals in custody at the Cook County Jail competed this morning in an [Read More]