Civilian Employment Opportunities
Welcome to the Cook County Sheriff’s Office job posting and online application site.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office transitioned into a new recruitment system effective July 30, 2010. This new system now allows Candidates the ability to search and apply for open positions with the Cook County Sheriff’s Office online.
Candidates can search for job opportunities and apply for one (1) or multiple positions from the convenience of their own home, from any public library offering computer services or by utilizing the computer kiosks located at the Richard J. Daley Center, 50 W. Washington, Room 702 or the Cook County kiosks located at the County Building, 118 N. Clark St., 8th Floor.
To view the Candidate Experience Click-by-Click instructions on how to use the online application system, click on the following link:
To view the Cook County Sheriff’s Office open positions and to apply online, click on the following link:
NOTE: If you do not see any positions that match your qualifications and/or preferences, we encourage you to complete a Candidate Profile. This will enable you to specify the type of job, location etc., you are seeking and create an email agent to notify you when new positions are posted which meet your criteria. To create a Candidate Profile, simply open the link shown above, create your User Name and Password, click on “My jobpage” and click “Access my profile”.
Thank you for your interest in the Cook County Sheriff’s Office.
Recent Press Releases
- Two Charged in Ford Heights Armed RobberyTwo teens have been charged with armed robbery after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation [Read More]
- Two Charged after Sheriff’s Police Recover Loaded FirearmsTwo teens have been charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon after Cook County Sheriff’s [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Launches Opioid Crisis Awareness PodcastCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart launched an opioid crisis awareness [Read More]
- Two Charged after Loaded Gun, Suspected Heroin Found During Court-Ordered EvictionTwo people have been charged with multiple felonies after a loaded firearm and [Read More]
- Electronically Monitored Defendant who Leapt to His Escape ApprehendedCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today that an electronically monitored defendant who [Read More]