Civilian Employment Opportunities
Welcome to the Cook County Sheriff’s Office job posting and online application site.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office transitioned into a new recruitment system effective July 30, 2010. This new system now allows Candidates the ability to search and apply for open positions with the Cook County Sheriff’s Office online.
Candidates can search for job opportunities and apply for one (1) or multiple positions from the convenience of their own home, from any public library offering computer services or by utilizing the computer kiosks located at the Richard J. Daley Center, 50 W. Washington, Room 702 or the Cook County kiosks located at the County Building, 118 N. Clark St., 8th Floor.
To view the Candidate Experience Click-by-Click instructions on how to use the online application system, click on the following link:
To view the Cook County Sheriff’s Office open positions and to apply online, click on the following link:
NOTE: If you do not see any positions that match your qualifications and/or preferences, we encourage you to complete a Candidate Profile. This will enable you to specify the type of job, location etc., you are seeking and create an email agent to notify you when new positions are posted which meet your criteria. To create a Candidate Profile, simply open the link shown above, create your User Name and Password, click on “My jobpage” and click “Access my profile”.
Thank you for your interest in the Cook County Sheriff’s Office.
Recent Press Releases
- Four Detainees Indicted in Connection with Robbery of another DetaineeFour detainees have been indicted on multiple felony charges in connection with a robbery of [Read More]
- Bill seeking to Reduce In-Custody Childbirths Passes Illinois General AssemblyA groundbreaking bill seeking to reduce the number of children born in custody to pre-trial [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Detainee Indicted on Charge of Aggravated AssaultA Cook County Jail detainee was indicted this week on a charge of aggravated assault against a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Save Second Person’s Life with NaloxoneCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Skokie man found unresponsive Wednesday morning in a courthouse bathroom was [Read More]
- Bill Seeking Heavy Sanctions for Indecent Exposure by Cook County Jail Detainees Passes Illinois Senate CommitteeA bill seeking to enact harsher penalties on detainees who expose themselves and conduct lewd [Read More]