Civilian Employment Opportunities
Welcome to the Cook County Sheriff’s Office job posting and online application site.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office transitioned into a new recruitment system effective July 30, 2010. This new system now allows Candidates the ability to search and apply for open positions with the Cook County Sheriff’s Office online.
Candidates can search for job opportunities and apply for one (1) or multiple positions from the convenience of their own home, from any public library offering computer services or by utilizing the computer kiosks located at the Richard J. Daley Center, 50 W. Washington, Room 702 or the Cook County kiosks located at the County Building, 118 N. Clark St., 8th Floor.
To view the Candidate Experience Click-by-Click instructions on how to use the online application system, click on the following link:
To view the Cook County Sheriff’s Office open positions and to apply online, click on the following link:
NOTE: If you do not see any positions that match your qualifications and/or preferences, we encourage you to complete a Candidate Profile. This will enable you to specify the type of job, location etc., you are seeking and create an email agent to notify you when new positions are posted which meet your criteria. To create a Candidate Profile, simply open the link shown above, create your User Name and Password, click on “My jobpage” and click “Access my profile”.
Thank you for your interest in the Cook County Sheriff’s Office.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]