External Employment Opportunities
Internal Employment Opportunities
Internal candidates please apply for any open civilian positions by logging onto the SheriffNet website:
Login to the SheriffNet website
Click the Department’s button
From the drop down menu
choose Human Resources
Click on the Internal Civilian Job Postings link to apply.
Internal Sworn Employment Opportunities
Internal Application to be filled out and submitted with all applications can be downloaded at the link below:
Internal Application Mandatory Fillable Form
CCDOC-2020-001 Officers Department Wide Bid Awards (AMENDED)
CCDOC-2018-003 Revised Application for Physical Ability Test (PAT) for Correctional Officers Aug. 2018
CCDOC-2018-003 Physical Ability Test (PAT) for Correctional Officers Aug. 2018 Internal and Internet
IVR Job Aide Documents:
Information regarding commendations is forthcoming.
The decision to participate in this event is strictly voluntary, and it will not be considered in connection with any employment action. It is the policy of the Office of the Sheriff of Cook County to prohibit political consideration in employment actions for non-direct appointment positions.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Announces Electronic Monitoring Program Transition from Radio Frequency to GPS BraceletsTo address the continued increase of criminal defendants court-ordered to the Sheriff’s Electronic [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police and Deputies Assist Chicago Police Department with LootingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office deployed approximately 120 additional officers to the South and [Read More]
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General PublicThree weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Resumes In-Person Visitation for Detainees at Cook County JailIn-person family visits have resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three [Read More]