External Employment Opportunities
Internal Employment Opportunities
Internal candidates please apply for any open civilian positions by logging onto the SheriffNet website:
Login to the SheriffNet website
Click the Department’s button
From the drop down menu
choose Human Resources
Click on the Internal Civilian Job Postings link to apply.
Internal Sworn Employment Opportunities
Internal Application to be filled out and submitted with all applications can be downloaded at the link below:
Internal Application Mandatory Fillable Form
CCDOC-2020-001 Officers Department Wide Bid Awards (AMENDED)
CCDOC-2018-003 Revised Application for Physical Ability Test (PAT) for Correctional Officers Aug. 2018
CCDOC-2018-003 Physical Ability Test (PAT) for Correctional Officers Aug. 2018 Internal and Internet
IVR Job Aide Documents:
Information regarding commendations is forthcoming.
The decision to participate in this event is strictly voluntary, and it will not be considered in connection with any employment action. It is the policy of the Office of the Sheriff of Cook County to prohibit political consideration in employment actions for non-direct appointment positions.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Partners with Loretto Hospital for Staff COVID TestingCOOK COUNTY, IL – As the city of Chicago continues to battle a second wave of COVID-19 cases, the [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation Temporarily Suspended at Cook County JailWith the number of COVID-19 cases in Chicago and Cook County on the rise, and in light of the [Read More]
- COVID-19 Rise in Community Leads to Case Increase in Cook County JailAs the Chicago area experiences a significant rise in COVID-19 cases, the Cook County Jail is also [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Office Launches Co-Responder Virtual Substance Abuse Assistance ProgramCOOK COUNTY, IL – With the COVID-19 pandemic presenting new challenges, Cook County Sheriff Thomas [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Criminal Sexual AbuseA 51-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]