Electronic Monitoring Participant Charged after Weapons Recovered from Residence
Posted on June 17th, 2021
COOK COUNTY, IL – A 21-year-old Chicago man on electronic monitoring for a firearm offense is facing additional charges after multiple guns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition were found in the home where he was staying, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Following up on information we received on June 14, the Sheriff’s Office Electronic Monitoring Unit investigators conducted a home check after participant Terhan Morris requested to relocate from his current residence in the 8100 block of South Avalon in Chicago.
While conducting the check, investigators observed an unloaded firearm magazine and rounds of 9 mm ammunition in Morris’ bedroom. A further search of the residence found two guns in a book bag with his ID. Investigators also recovered 10 other firearms, a pellet gun, brass knuckles, a total of 889 rounds of ammunition of various calibers, and approximately 27.2 grams of cannabis.
Morris, who does not have a Firearm Owner’s Identification (FOID) card, has been on electronic monitoring since October 15, 2020 after bond was posted in his aggravated unlawful use of a weapon case. Electronic Monitoring was ordered as a condition of his bond.
Sheriff’s investigators took Morris into custody for violating the terms of his electronic monitoring. He was taken to Cook County Jail, where he is currently housed.
Morris was charged on June 15 with violating electronic monitoring conditions, which was upgraded to a class 1 felony because of the weapons allegedly in his possession. He was also charged with two misdemeanor counts of possessing a firearm without a FOID.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- 25 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Man Charged with Illegally Transferring FirearmCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 22-year-old Midlothian man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police [Read More]
- Man Charged with Aggravated Battery to a Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Cook County [Read More]
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Ford Heights ShootingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an investigation [Read More]
- Woman Charged with Stabbing Woman, Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 42-year-old woman has been charged with aggravated battery after a Cook County [Read More]