Driver Charged in Fatal Worth Township Crash
Posted on August 24th, 2018
A 44-year-old Chicago man has been charged with aggravated DUI causing death in connection with a fatal crash in unincorporated Worth Township, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9:15 p.m. on Aug. 12 Cook County Sheriff’s Police responded to crash that occurred on Cal-Sag Road and Massasoit Avenue. According to the investigation a Jeep Wrangler struck a Harley Davidson motorcycle as it was making a turn. The motorcyclist, a 47-year-old Blue Island man, and his wife were critically injured. The 43-year-old woman died from her injuries on Aug.16.
Further investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives found that the Jeep’s driver, Thomas Czerwinski, was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash, with a blood alcohol concentration of more than twice the legal limit. Czerwinski was arrested on Aug. 23 and was charged with aggravated driving under the influence causing death and aggravated driving under the influence causing great bodily harm.
His bond was set at $250,000-D during his court appearance today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]
- Information Sought on Hit and Run DriverCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van Dyke Post-Trial HearingMembers of the public interested in attending the People vs. Van Dyke post-trial hearing scheduled [Read More]
- CVS Health, Sheriff Tom Dart Announce Joint Effort to Raise Consumer Awareness about Safe Medication Disposal in Cook CountyCVS Health (NYSE: CVS) and Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today announced a joint effort to [Read More]