Driver Charged in Fatal Worth Township Crash
Posted on August 24th, 2018
A 44-year-old Chicago man has been charged with aggravated DUI causing death in connection with a fatal crash in unincorporated Worth Township, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9:15 p.m. on Aug. 12 Cook County Sheriff’s Police responded to crash that occurred on Cal-Sag Road and Massasoit Avenue. According to the investigation a Jeep Wrangler struck a Harley Davidson motorcycle as it was making a turn. The motorcyclist, a 47-year-old Blue Island man, and his wife were critically injured. The 43-year-old woman died from her injuries on Aug.16.
Further investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives found that the Jeep’s driver, Thomas Czerwinski, was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash, with a blood alcohol concentration of more than twice the legal limit. Czerwinski was arrested on Aug. 23 and was charged with aggravated driving under the influence causing death and aggravated driving under the influence causing great bodily harm.
His bond was set at $250,000-D during his court appearance today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]