Driver Charged in Fatal Worth Township Crash
Posted on August 24th, 2018
A 44-year-old Chicago man has been charged with aggravated DUI causing death in connection with a fatal crash in unincorporated Worth Township, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9:15 p.m. on Aug. 12 Cook County Sheriff’s Police responded to crash that occurred on Cal-Sag Road and Massasoit Avenue. According to the investigation a Jeep Wrangler struck a Harley Davidson motorcycle as it was making a turn. The motorcyclist, a 47-year-old Blue Island man, and his wife were critically injured. The 43-year-old woman died from her injuries on Aug.16.
Further investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives found that the Jeep’s driver, Thomas Czerwinski, was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash, with a blood alcohol concentration of more than twice the legal limit. Czerwinski was arrested on Aug. 23 and was charged with aggravated driving under the influence causing death and aggravated driving under the influence causing great bodily harm.
His bond was set at $250,000-D during his court appearance today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]
- Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a WeaponA Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has [Read More]
- Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against DriverAn Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found [Read More]