Driver Charged With Driving Under the Influence in fatal Traffic Crash
Posted on May 3rd, 2017
A 23-year-old Oak Lawn man has been charged with multiple counts of aggravated driving under the influence in connection with a Monday morning crash that killed two people, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 1 a.m. on May 1, Sheriff’s Police received notification of a single vehicle rollover crash that occurred on eastbound 107th Street, about a mile west of 104th Avenue in unincorporated Palos Township.
Officers found the black 2015 BMW on its side. One passenger, 28-year-old Reginald Leslie of Evergreen Park, was trapped under the front of the vehicle. He was pronounced deceased at the scene. A second passenger, Piotr Przeslica, 22, of Hickory Hills, was found unresponsive in the front passenger seat. He was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
The driver of the vehicle, 23-year-old Stephen Rodriguez, was found in the driver seat. He was treated at an area hospital for minor injuries.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives learned that Rodriguez was intoxicated at the time he was driving with his friends. He has been charged with four counts of aggravated driving under the influence/accident causing death.
Rodriguez bond was set at $500,000 today during his court appearance at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]