DNA Match Helps Lead to Criminal Sexual Assault Charges
Posted on February 24th, 2016
A DNA match helped lead to charges in two 2015 criminal sexual assault cases, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigated criminal sexual assaults that occurred on July 3, 2015 and Nov. 3, 2015 in the 8800 block of Carleah Street in unincorporated Des Plaines. While the offender was identified in each of the reported sexual assaults, additional investigation was necessary.
On Feb. 18, Sheriff’s Police received a Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) hit in connection to the two victims’ criminal sexual assault kits. The DNA evidence from both kits matched 30-year-old LaMarcus Anderson, the same man identified as the offender in the Sheriff’s Police investigation. Anderson’s DNA was uploaded into CODIS in connection with a 2009 felony conviction for a string of burglaries in unincorporated Des Plaines.
On Feb. 21, Sheriff’s Police located Anderson near his home in the 8800 block of Carleah Street and took him into custody. He was charged with two counts of criminal sexual assault. Anderson’s total bond was set at $200,000 during a hearing on Feb. 22 at the Skokie Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]
- Des Plaines Man Charged with Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a Minor and Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 69-year-old Des Plaines man has been charged with multiple felonies after he [Read More]
- Crestwood Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – An 18-year-old Crestwood man has been charged with possession of child [Read More]
- 21 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Oak Lawn Man Charged in Death of Hometown Police LieutenantCOOK COUNTY, IL – An Oak Lawn man who allegedly struck and killed a Hometown Police Lieutenant [Read More]