The Office of Support Services (OSS) was established to provide warehousing, supply distribution, recycling and document storage and destruction services. The OSS supply chain program manages millions of dollars of institutional and operational supplies from purchase to departmental ordering, from supply order preparation to delivery, and collection of used materials that can be recycled or re-purposed. Our logistical operation includes a Central Warehouse and remote storage locations as well as box trucks, semi-tractor trailers and cargo vans for transport. Our staff includes more than twenty sworn and civilian employees experienced in all facets of supply chain operation and logistical movement. Whether it is sophisticated security equipment, salvaged furniture or cases of paper towels , we handle all of our assignments with professionalism and care. Since 2008, OSS has worked with numerous county and municipal partners including the entire Sheriff’s Department as well as the Cook County Department of Facilities Management, the Clerk of the Circuit Court and the Adult Probations Office to process and sell more than 4.4 million pounds of assorted recyclable materials.
All of our recycling activity is fully documented to the complete satisfaction of each customer. Jobs are handled on a month-to-month pricing agreement with payment sent separately to our Financial Administration Department. Customers can rely on our professionalism. We provide the highest quality service for the most affordable price.
Confidential Recycling and Document Destruction Services
OSS provides NAID plant-based certified document destruction services at our Central Records Destruction Hub. Our Hub is the first governmental unit in the nation to be awarded this certification. To achieve this results, our Hub is located in a secure facility under alarm and camera surveillance and operated by vetted staff who have signed employee confidentiality acknowledgements. We provide locked totes at each customers’ location to ensure confidential handling of materials throughout the process. We pick up and deliver these totes to our Hub to complete the destruction process. Customers receive a written certificate when the job is completed. To begin the process of requesting certified document destruction, complete the Certificate of Record Destruction Form and email it to email@example.com.
Bulk Paper Recycling
OSS provides its own containers on pallets as well as totes to collect bulk paper including corrugated cardboard, office waste, mixed paper, mixed stream paper. We collect recyclable material on a scheduled basis by exchanging filled containers with empties. These containers are then placed on our semi-trailers and then taken to market to be sold as paper commodities. To schedule a pick up, complete the Bulk Paper Recycling Form and email it to Sheriff.Recycling@cookcountyil.gov and we will take it from there.
Adult Probations Office
Board of Review
Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County
Cook County Assessor County Clerk
Cook County Dept. of Corrections
Cook County Medical Examiner
Cook County Public Defender
Cook County Recorder of Deeds
Cook County State’s Attorney
Cook County Treasurer
Cook County Dept. of Facilities Mgt.
Cook County Merit Board
Cook County Sheriff’s Police Department
Cook County Jury Administrator
Juvenile Detention Center
Loyola Medical Center
911 Communication Center
Prairie State College
Sims Metal Management
U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency
Village of Homewood
Village of North Riverside
Village of Orland Hills
Village of River Forest
Cook County Sheriff’s Office of Support Services
2323 South Rockwell Chicago, Illinois 60608 773.843.5335 firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]