The Office of Professional Review
The Office of Professional Review (O.P.R.) is the department within the Cook County Sheriff’s Office that ensures employee misconduct will not be tolerated. O.P.R. is comprised of a group of trained investigators who conduct criminal and administrative investigations based upon complaints or allegations made against Cook County Sheriff’s Office employees.
As part of misconduct investigations, O.P.R. verifies compliance with all Cook County Sheriff General Orders, the Uniform Police Officers Disciplinary Act and all applicable laws for all civilian and sworn personnel employed by the Cook County Sheriff’s Office.
All complaints against Cook County Sheriff’s Office sworn personnel (Correctional Officers, Deputy Sheriffs, Police Officers) MUST be notarized before being submitted in order to comply with Illinois State Law 50 ILCS 725/3.8(b).
To file a complaint against an employee of the Cook County Sheriff’s Department, please click on the link below:
Office of Professional Review
Cook County Sheriff’s Office
3026 South California
Building 2, Fourth Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60608-5110
If you are aware of any unlawful political discrimination that has occurred or is occurring, in addition to notifying the Compliance Officer, you may also report the incident to the Office of Professional Review at (773) 674-7545.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police K9 “Lula Belle” Finds Missing Person in StegerA Willow Springs man who was reported missing was safely located by Sheriff’s Police K9 Lula Belle [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Recovering at Home After Testing Positive for COVID-19On Friday, Nov. 27, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart received confirmation that he was positive for COVID-19 [Read More]