The Office of Professional Review
The Office of Professional Review (O.P.R.) is the department within the Cook County Sheriff’s Office that ensures employee misconduct will not be tolerated. O.P.R. is comprised of a group of trained investigators who conduct criminal and administrative investigations based upon complaints or allegations made against Cook County Sheriff’s Office employees.
As part of misconduct investigations, O.P.R. verifies compliance with all Cook County Sheriff General Orders, the Uniform Police Officers Disciplinary Act and all applicable laws for all civilian and sworn personnel employed by the Cook County Sheriff’s Office.
All complaints against Cook County Sheriff’s Office sworn personnel (Correctional Officers, Deputy Sheriffs, Police Officers) MUST be notarized before being submitted in order to comply with Illinois State Law 50 ILCS 725/3.8(b).
To file a complaint against an employee of the Cook County Sheriff’s Department, please click on the link below:
Office of Professional Review
Cook County Sheriff’s Office
3026 South California
Building 2, Fourth Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60608-5110
If you are aware of any unlawful political discrimination that has occurred or is occurring, in addition to notifying the Compliance Officer, you may also report the incident to the Office of Professional Review at (773) 674-7545.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Partners with Loretto Hospital for Staff COVID TestingCOOK COUNTY, IL – As the city of Chicago continues to battle a second wave of COVID-19 cases, the [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation Temporarily Suspended at Cook County JailWith the number of COVID-19 cases in Chicago and Cook County on the rise, and in light of the [Read More]
- COVID-19 Rise in Community Leads to Case Increase in Cook County JailAs the Chicago area experiences a significant rise in COVID-19 cases, the Cook County Jail is also [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Office Launches Co-Responder Virtual Substance Abuse Assistance ProgramCOOK COUNTY, IL – With the COVID-19 pandemic presenting new challenges, Cook County Sheriff Thomas [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Criminal Sexual AbuseA 51-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]