Tap below for Corrections Menu
Mental Health Transition Center
The Cook County Sheriff’s MHTC develops a community support system for individuals with substance abuse and/or clinical mental health disorders.
Individual and group therapy with cognitive behavioral interventions focus on cognitive restructuring that address participant’s thoughts, feelings, attitudes, and beliefs.
- strengthens participant’s community transition and long-term recovery plan
- aims to reduce recidivism
- eliminates criminal thought patterns
- equips participants with social coping strategies like thinking before acting
- offers mental health and substance abuse treatment, vocational skills training, and educational services
- teaches resume writing, professional and social networking, and job interviewing
The Community Van is available to MHTC alumni who need transportation to and from job interviews, doctor appointments, and/or court by calling Sharon Latiker at 773-674-8436.