Press and Communications
Contacting the Press Office
312-603-4242 or firstname.lastname@example.org
State your name, news outlet, the nature of your organization (print, radio, television, etc.), your detailed inquiry and deadline.
For requests under the Freedom of Information Act, click here
Can I interview an inmate?
Requests to interview inmates must be approved by their attorney. A letter from the legal representative consenting to the interview can be e-mailed to email@example.com
Once submitted, the request is considered internally and communications staff will contact you with a decision. Inmate interviews are considered on an individual basis, and attorney permission does not guarantee an interview.
How do I request to film inside a Cook County Courthouse?
Requests to film inside the jail are handled by the Sheriff’s office, however, all requests to film inside any of the six municipal district courthouses go through the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court.
How do I obtain a mugshot?
For a mugshot, please contact the arresting agency. If the defendant has been booked, processed, and is in our custody, you can find the person’s booking photo in the inmate locator.
Why can’t I find a booking photo in the inmate locator?
If the inmate locator gives no results, you can e-mail the inmate’s full name and any other available details to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a booking photo. Archive digital booking photos from 2009 to date are the only ones readily available. Inmate locator results are typically published 4 to 6 hours after an inmate is booked and processed into the jail. Inmates who post bail after bond court are not always booked, meaning the defendant could have been released before a photo was taken.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Officer Saves Woman’s Life with NaloxoneA woman is alive after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police officer equipped with naloxone used the [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Detainee Sentenced to 15 Years for Solicitation of MurderA Cook County Jail inmate has been sentenced to 15 years for solicitation of murder in which he [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Detainee Indicted on Charge of Attempting to Bring Cannabis into a Penal InstitutionA Cook County Jail detainee has been indicted after a Sheriff’s Office investigation identified him [Read More]
- Eight Detainees Face Mob Action Charges Following Jail FightEight Cook County Jail detainees found to have been involved in a fight on a maximum security [Read More]
- Three Charged in Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault of TeenagerThree men have been charged after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found they had [Read More]