Press and Communications
Contacting the Press Office
312-603-4242 or email@example.com
State your name, news outlet, the nature of your organization (print, radio, television, etc.), your detailed inquiry and deadline.
For requests under the Freedom of Information Act, click here
Can I interview an inmate?
Requests to interview inmates must be approved by their attorney. A letter from the legal representative consenting to the interview can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once submitted, the request is considered internally and communications staff will contact you with a decision. Inmate interviews are considered on an individual basis, and attorney permission does not guarantee an interview.
How do I request to film inside a Cook County Courthouse?
Requests to film inside the jail are handled by the Sheriff’s office, however, all requests to film inside any of the six municipal district courthouses go through the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court.
How do I obtain a mugshot?
For a mugshot, please contact the arresting agency. If the defendant has been booked, processed, and is in our custody, you can find the person’s booking photo in the inmate locator.
Why can’t I find a booking photo in the inmate locator?
If the inmate locator gives no results, you can e-mail the inmate’s full name and any other available details to email@example.com requesting a booking photo. Archive digital booking photos from 2009 to date are the only ones readily available. Inmate locator results are typically published 4 to 6 hours after an inmate is booked and processed into the jail. Inmates who post bail after bond court are not always booked, meaning the defendant could have been released before a photo was taken.
Recent Press Releases
- Electronically Monitored Defendant Jumps from Balcony, FleesThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in locating a 23-year-old man who was [Read More]
- Detainee Charged in Attack on Cook County Jail StaffA detainee has been charged after a Sheriff’s Office investigation found he attacked a Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Launches Program to Address Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today the launch of the Sheriff’s Opioid Addiction [Read More]
- Ford Heights Man Charged after Child Accidently Shoots another ChildA gun owner has been charged after a 5-year-old boy was accidently shot by another child this week [Read More]
- Man Charged with Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA Chicago man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police investigation found he had sexually abused [Read More]