Press and Communications
Contacting the Press Office
312-603-4242 or email@example.com
State your name, news outlet, the nature of your organization (print, radio, television, etc.), your detailed inquiry and deadline.
For requests under the Freedom of Information Act, click here
Can I interview an inmate?
Requests to interview inmates must be approved by their attorney. A letter from the legal representative consenting to the interview can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once submitted, the request is considered internally and communications staff will contact you with a decision. Inmate interviews are considered on an individual basis, and attorney permission does not guarantee an interview.
How do I request to film inside a Cook County Courthouse?
Requests to film inside the jail are handled by the Sheriff’s office, however, all requests to film inside any of the six municipal district courthouses go through the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court.
How do I obtain a mugshot?
For a mugshot, please contact the arresting agency. If the defendant has been booked, processed, and is in our custody, you can find the person’s booking photo in the inmate locator.
Why can’t I find a booking photo in the inmate locator?
If the inmate locator gives no results, you can e-mail the inmate’s full name and any other available details to email@example.com requesting a booking photo. Archive digital booking photos from 2009 to date are the only ones readily available. Inmate locator results are typically published 4 to 6 hours after an inmate is booked and processed into the jail. Inmates who post bail after bond court are not always booked, meaning the defendant could have been released before a photo was taken.
Recent Press Releases
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Warns of Ruse BurglariesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning the public about ruse burglaries following an [Read More]
- Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township ShootingTwo teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook [Read More]
- Matteson Man Charged after Sheriff’s Police Recover Two Loaded FirearmsA Matteson man has been charged after Sheriff’s Police recovered two loaded firearms during a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 390 ArrestsCOOK COUNTY, IL – More than 390 individuals were arrested by two dozen police agencies across the [Read More]