Press and Communications
Contacting the Press Office
312-603-4242 or email@example.com
State your name, news outlet, the nature of your organization (print, radio, television, etc.), your detailed inquiry and deadline.
For requests under the Freedom of Information Act, click here
Can I interview an inmate?
Requests to interview inmates must be approved by their attorney. A letter from the legal representative consenting to the interview can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once submitted, the request is considered internally and communications staff will contact you with a decision. Inmate interviews are considered on an individual basis, and attorney permission does not guarantee an interview.
How do I request to film inside a Cook County Courthouse?
Requests to film inside the jail are handled by the Sheriff’s office, however, all requests to film inside any of the six municipal district courthouses go through the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court.
How do I obtain a mugshot?
For a mugshot, please contact the arresting agency. If the defendant has been booked, processed, and is in our custody, you can find the person’s booking photo in the inmate locator.
Why can’t I find a booking photo in the inmate locator?
If the inmate locator gives no results, you can e-mail the inmate’s full name and any other available details to email@example.com requesting a booking photo. Archive digital booking photos from 2009 to date are the only ones readily available. Inmate locator results are typically published 4 to 6 hours after an inmate is booked and processed into the jail. Inmates who post bail after bond court are not always booked, meaning the defendant could have been released before a photo was taken.
Recent Press Releases
- Two Men Charged After Being Found with Stolen VehicleTwo men have been charged after a traffic stop revealed they were in possession of a stolen [Read More]
- Man Charged with First Degree Murder in Robbins KillingA 60-year-old Blue Island man has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of a [Read More]
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]