Press and Communications
Contacting the Press Office
312-603-4242 or firstname.lastname@example.org
State your name, news outlet, the nature of your organization (print, radio, television, etc.), your detailed inquiry and deadline.
For requests under the Freedom of Information Act, click here
Can I interview an inmate?
Requests to interview inmates must be approved by their attorney. A letter from the legal representative consenting to the interview can be e-mailed to email@example.com
Once submitted, the request is considered internally and communications staff will contact you with a decision. Inmate interviews are considered on an individual basis, and attorney permission does not guarantee an interview.
How do I request to film inside a Cook County Courthouse?
Requests to film inside the jail are handled by the Sheriff’s office, however, all requests to film inside any of the six municipal district courthouses go through the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court.
How do I obtain a mugshot?
For a mugshot, please contact the arresting agency. If the defendant has been booked, processed, and is in our custody, you can find the person’s booking photo in the inmate locator.
Why can’t I find a booking photo in the inmate locator?
If the inmate locator gives no results, you can e-mail the inmate’s full name and any other available details to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a booking photo. Archive digital booking photos from 2009 to date are the only ones readily available. Inmate locator results are typically published 4 to 6 hours after an inmate is booked and processed into the jail. Inmates who post bail after bond court are not always booked, meaning the defendant could have been released before a photo was taken.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Warns of Phone Scam Involving Apple Inc.Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning of a sophisticated phone scam targeting Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Proposes Reforms to Close Deadly Gun Regulation LoopholesTo ensure the public is better protected from those who lose their right to carry deadly weapons, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found in ApartmentA Leyden Township man has been charged with multiple felonies after firearms, ammunition and [Read More]
- Pair Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition FoundTwo men have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after firearms and ammunition [Read More]
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]