Press and Communications
Contacting the Press Office
312-603-4242 or firstname.lastname@example.org
State your name, news outlet, the nature of your organization (print, radio, television, etc.), your detailed inquiry and deadline.
For requests under the Freedom of Information Act, click here
Can I interview an inmate?
Requests to interview inmates must be approved by their attorney. A letter from the legal representative consenting to the interview can be e-mailed to email@example.com
Once submitted, the request is considered internally and communications staff will contact you with a decision. Inmate interviews are considered on an individual basis, and attorney permission does not guarantee an interview.
How do I request to film inside a Cook County Courthouse?
Requests to film inside the jail are handled by the Sheriff’s office, however, all requests to film inside any of the six municipal district courthouses go through the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court.
How do I obtain a mugshot?
For a mugshot, please contact the arresting agency. If the defendant has been booked, processed, and is in our custody, you can find the person’s booking photo in the inmate locator.
Why can’t I find a booking photo in the inmate locator?
If the inmate locator gives no results, you can e-mail the inmate’s full name and any other available details to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a booking photo. Archive digital booking photos from 2009 to date are the only ones readily available. Inmate locator results are typically published 4 to 6 hours after an inmate is booked and processed into the jail. Inmates who post bail after bond court are not always booked, meaning the defendant could have been released before a photo was taken.
Recent Press Releases
- Manager Charged In Connection With Ongoing Criminal Investigation of Sexual Harassment at Edward Hines, Jr. VA HospitalCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives are conducting an ongoing investigation [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation to Resume Sunday, March 14, at Cook County JailCOOK COUNTY, IL – In-person visitation at the Cook County Jail is scheduled to resume on Sunday, [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution Following Sheriff’s Police StingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution after Cook County [Read More]
- La Grange Park Man Charged with Aggravated Vehicular HijackingCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police arrested a 20-year-old La Grange Park man after he [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]