Press and Communications
Contacting the Press Office
312-603-4242 or email@example.com
State your name, news outlet, the nature of your organization (print, radio, television, etc.), your detailed inquiry and deadline.
For requests under the Freedom of Information Act, click here
Can I interview an inmate?
Requests to interview inmates must be approved by their attorney. A letter from the legal representative consenting to the interview can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once submitted, the request is considered internally and communications staff will contact you with a decision. Inmate interviews are considered on an individual basis, and attorney permission does not guarantee an interview.
How do I request to film inside a Cook County Courthouse?
Requests to film inside the jail are handled by the Sheriff’s office, however, all requests to film inside any of the six municipal district courthouses go through the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court.
How do I obtain a mugshot?
For a mugshot, please contact the arresting agency. If the defendant has been booked, processed, and is in our custody, you can find the person’s booking photo in the inmate locator.
Why can’t I find a booking photo in the inmate locator?
If the inmate locator gives no results, you can e-mail the inmate’s full name and any other available details to email@example.com requesting a booking photo. Archive digital booking photos from 2009 to date are the only ones readily available. Inmate locator results are typically published 4 to 6 hours after an inmate is booked and processed into the jail. Inmates who post bail after bond court are not always booked, meaning the defendant could have been released before a photo was taken.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]