Press and Communications
Contacting the Press Office
312-603-4242 or firstname.lastname@example.org
State your name, news outlet, the nature of your organization (print, radio, television, etc.), your detailed inquiry and deadline.
For requests under the Freedom of Information Act, click here
Can I interview an inmate?
Requests to interview inmates must be approved by their attorney. A letter from the legal representative consenting to the interview can be e-mailed to email@example.com
Once submitted, the request is considered internally and communications staff will contact you with a decision. Inmate interviews are considered on an individual basis, and attorney permission does not guarantee an interview.
How do I request to film inside a Cook County Courthouse?
Requests to film inside the jail are handled by the Sheriff’s office, however, all requests to film inside any of the six municipal district courthouses go through the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court.
How do I obtain a mugshot?
For a mugshot, please contact the arresting agency. If the defendant has been booked, processed, and is in our custody, you can find the person’s booking photo in the inmate locator.
Why can’t I find a booking photo in the inmate locator?
If the inmate locator gives no results, you can e-mail the inmate’s full name and any other available details to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a booking photo. Archive digital booking photos from 2009 to date are the only ones readily available. Inmate locator results are typically published 4 to 6 hours after an inmate is booked and processed into the jail. Inmates who post bail after bond court are not always booked, meaning the defendant could have been released before a photo was taken.
Recent Press Releases
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General PublicThree weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Resumes In-Person Visitation for Detainees at Cook County JailIn-person family visits have resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart, New Roseland Community Hospital Opens COVID-19 Test Site for Sheriff’s Office EmployeesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced that a mobile COVID-19 testing site opened today at [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAs part of its ongoing effort to inform the public of the measures being taken to combat the spread [Read More]