Press and Communications
Contacting the Press Office
312-603-4242 or email@example.com
State your name, news outlet, the nature of your organization (print, radio, television, etc.), your detailed inquiry and deadline.
For requests under the Freedom of Information Act, click here
Can I interview an inmate?
Requests to interview inmates must be approved by their attorney. A letter from the legal representative consenting to the interview can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once submitted, the request is considered internally and communications staff will contact you with a decision. Inmate interviews are considered on an individual basis, and attorney permission does not guarantee an interview.
How do I request to film inside a Cook County Courthouse?
Requests to film inside the jail are handled by the Sheriff’s office, however, all requests to film inside any of the six municipal district courthouses go through the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court.
How do I obtain a mugshot?
For a mugshot, please contact the arresting agency. If the defendant has been booked, processed, and is in our custody, you can find the person’s booking photo in the inmate locator.
Why can’t I find a booking photo in the inmate locator?
If the inmate locator gives no results, you can e-mail the inmate’s full name and any other available details to email@example.com requesting a booking photo. Archive digital booking photos from 2009 to date are the only ones readily available. Inmate locator results are typically published 4 to 6 hours after an inmate is booked and processed into the jail. Inmates who post bail after bond court are not always booked, meaning the defendant could have been released before a photo was taken.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Jail Detainee Charged with Sexual Exploitation of a ChildA maximum security Cook County Jail detainee has been charged after an investigation found he [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Spreads Awareness of Opioid Crisis and NaloxoneCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart launched an email helpline today to connect people to [Read More]
- IDOC Parolee Charged with UUW after Sheriff’s Police Recover Stolen GunA man paroled less than two months ago following weapon and drug convictions has been charged with [Read More]
- Maximum Security Detainees Charged in Aggravated Battery to StaffThree maximum security Cook County Jail detainees are among more than two dozen individuals who [Read More]
- Detainee Charged with Threatening Assistant Public DefenderA Cook County Jail detainee has been charged with threatening his public defender, Sheriff Thomas [Read More]