Smart911 technology is now available for Cook County consituents. Below is an overview of how you can take advantage of this important development to more easily communicate with Cook County Sheriff’s Police and keep both your family and the community safe.
How Does This Help?
Better informed first responders are better equipped to help you. With Smart911 paramedics are aware of critical medical information like Alzheimer’s or allergies. Police have children’s photos in case of an Amber Alert and Fire Fighters know household details – ensuring that everyone is rescued during an evacuation – even pets.
How Does It Work?
The software provides citizens with the ability to enter information that they want to make available to 9-1-1 call takers through a secure website at www.Smart911.com. Smart911 then delivers this information automatically with any 9-1-1 calls that are routed to the Cook County Sheriff’s Office 9-1-1 center. Additional information regarding the capability of your local 9-1-1 center can be found at www.smart911.com using the “how it works” link. It is in over 1,800 dispatch centers in 40 states. We want to encourage people to live, travel or work in Cook County to register for this service.
What Details Are Shared?
How Do I Register?
The registration process is quick and easy… just four simple steps! After completing the steps, you will have a chance to add optional information or edit the information you have provided. You must complete every step or the service will not work until you have added and confirmed a phone number.
How Can I Spread the Word?
Protect your family and community – tell them about this free service.
Email them or tell them via Facebook.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]
- Des Plaines Man Charged with Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a Minor and Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 69-year-old Des Plaines man has been charged with multiple felonies after he [Read More]
- Crestwood Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – An 18-year-old Crestwood man has been charged with possession of child [Read More]
- 21 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Oak Lawn Man Charged in Death of Hometown Police LieutenantCOOK COUNTY, IL – An Oak Lawn man who allegedly struck and killed a Hometown Police Lieutenant [Read More]