Smart911 technology is now available for Cook County consituents. Below is an overview of how you can take advantage of this important development to more easily communicate with Cook County Sheriff’s Police and keep both your family and the community safe.
How Does This Help?
Better informed first responders are better equipped to help you. With Smart911 paramedics are aware of critical medical information like Alzheimer’s or allergies. Police have children’s photos in case of an Amber Alert and Fire Fighters know household details – ensuring that everyone is rescued during an evacuation – even pets.
How Does It Work?
The software provides citizens with the ability to enter information that they want to make available to 9-1-1 call takers through a secure website at www.Smart911.com. Smart911 then delivers this information automatically with any 9-1-1 calls that are routed to the Cook County Sheriff’s Office 9-1-1 center. Additional information regarding the capability of your local 9-1-1 center can be found at www.smart911.com using the “how it works” link. It is in over 1,800 dispatch centers in 40 states. We want to encourage people to live, travel or work in Cook County to register for this service.
What Details Are Shared?
How Do I Register?
The registration process is quick and easy… just four simple steps! After completing the steps, you will have a chance to add optional information or edit the information you have provided. You must complete every step or the service will not work until you have added and confirmed a phone number.
How Can I Spread the Word?
Protect your family and community – tell them about this free service.
Email them or tell them via Facebook.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]