The Cook County Department of Corrections (CCDOC) is one of the largest single site county pre-detention facilities in the United States.
The Department of Policy and Communications is responsible for providing a link for events and information between the Cook County Sheriff’s Office and the people it serves, as well as local media.
The Court Services Department provides security for all court facilities, while being responsible for the service of summonses, warrants, orders of protection, eviction orders, and all law enforcement matters concerning Child Support Enforcement.
Office of Mental Health Policy and Advocacy
On any given day, between 25-30 percent of the inmates at Cook County Jail suffer from mental illnesses.
Office of Peer Support
Peer Support was created within the Cook County Sheriff’s Office in 2008 as an intervention program for officers dealing with both personal and professional crisis.
Office of Professional Review
The Sheriff’s Office of Professional Review is committed to fully investigating and deterring instances of official misconduct.
The Senior Services Department coordinates with law enforcement and other professionals in the community who specialize in meeting the needs of seniors through planning, education, communication, cooperative strategies, and supportive services.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Department’s primary responsibility is to provide basic police services to the 109,000 residents who work and reside in the unincorporated areas of the county, but also has several specialized units that provide services to suburban police departments.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Training Institute provides high quality training programs for courts, corrections, and police personnel.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police K9 “Lula Belle” Finds Missing Person in StegerA Willow Springs man who was reported missing was safely located by Sheriff’s Police K9 Lula Belle [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Recovering at Home After Testing Positive for COVID-19On Friday, Nov. 27, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart received confirmation that he was positive for COVID-19 [Read More]