The Cook County Department of Corrections (CCDOC) is one of the largest single site county pre-detention facilities in the United States.
The Department of Policy and Communications is responsible for providing a link for events and information between the Cook County Sheriff’s Office and the people it serves, as well as local media.
The Court Services Department provides security for all court facilities, while being responsible for the service of summonses, warrants, orders of protection, eviction orders, and all law enforcement matters concerning Child Support Enforcement.
Office of Mental Health Policy and Advocacy
On any given day, between 25-30 percent of the inmates at Cook County Jail suffer from mental illnesses.
Office of Peer Support
Peer Support was created within the Cook County Sheriff’s Office in 2008 as an intervention program for officers dealing with both personal and professional crisis.
Office of Professional Review
The Sheriff’s Office of Professional Review is committed to fully investigating and deterring instances of official misconduct.
The Senior Services Department coordinates with law enforcement and other professionals in the community who specialize in meeting the needs of seniors through planning, education, communication, cooperative strategies, and supportive services.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Department’s primary responsibility is to provide basic police services to the 109,000 residents who work and reside in the unincorporated areas of the county, but also has several specialized units that provide services to suburban police departments.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Training Institute provides high quality training programs for courts, corrections, and police personnel.
Recent Press Releases
- Manager Charged In Connection With Ongoing Criminal Investigation of Sexual Harassment at Edward Hines, Jr. VA HospitalCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives are conducting an ongoing investigation [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation to Resume Sunday, March 14, at Cook County JailCOOK COUNTY, IL – In-person visitation at the Cook County Jail is scheduled to resume on Sunday, [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution Following Sheriff’s Police StingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution after Cook County [Read More]
- La Grange Park Man Charged with Aggravated Vehicular HijackingCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police arrested a 20-year-old La Grange Park man after he [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]