The Cook County Department of Corrections (CCDOC) is one of the largest single site county pre-detention facilities in the United States.
The Department of Policy and Communications is responsible for providing a link for events and information between the Cook County Sheriff’s Office and the people it serves, as well as local media.
The Court Services Department provides security for all court facilities, while being responsible for the service of summonses, warrants, orders of protection, eviction orders, and all law enforcement matters concerning Child Support Enforcement.
Office of Mental Health Policy and Advocacy
On any given day, between 25-30 percent of the inmates at Cook County Jail suffer from mental illnesses.
Office of Peer Support
Peer Support was created within the Cook County Sheriff’s Office in 2008 as an intervention program for officers dealing with both personal and professional crisis.
Office of Professional Review
The Sheriff’s Office of Professional Review is committed to fully investigating and deterring instances of official misconduct.
The Senior Services Department coordinates with law enforcement and other professionals in the community who specialize in meeting the needs of seniors through planning, education, communication, cooperative strategies, and supportive services.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Department’s primary responsibility is to provide basic police services to the 109,000 residents who work and reside in the unincorporated areas of the county, but also has several specialized units that provide services to suburban police departments.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Training Institute provides high quality training programs for courts, corrections, and police personnel.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]