The Cook County Department of Corrections (CCDOC) is one of the largest single site county pre-detention facilities in the United States.
The Department of Policy and Communications is responsible for providing a link for events and information between the Cook County Sheriff’s Office and the people it serves, as well as local media.
The Court Services Department provides security for all court facilities, while being responsible for the service of summonses, warrants, orders of protection, eviction orders, and all law enforcement matters concerning Child Support Enforcement.
Office of Mental Health Policy and Advocacy
On any given day, between 25-30 percent of the inmates at Cook County Jail suffer from mental illnesses.
Office of Peer Support
Peer Support was created within the Cook County Sheriff’s Office in 2008 as an intervention program for officers dealing with both personal and professional crisis.
Office of Professional Review
The Sheriff’s Office of Professional Review is committed to fully investigating and deterring instances of official misconduct.
The Senior Services Department coordinates with law enforcement and other professionals in the community who specialize in meeting the needs of seniors through planning, education, communication, cooperative strategies, and supportive services.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Department’s primary responsibility is to provide basic police services to the 109,000 residents who work and reside in the unincorporated areas of the county, but also has several specialized units that provide services to suburban police departments.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Training Institute provides high quality training programs for courts, corrections, and police personnel.
Recent Press Releases
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]
- Information Sought on Hit and Run DriverCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van Dyke Post-Trial HearingMembers of the public interested in attending the People vs. Van Dyke post-trial hearing scheduled [Read More]
- CVS Health, Sheriff Tom Dart Announce Joint Effort to Raise Consumer Awareness about Safe Medication Disposal in Cook CountyCVS Health (NYSE: CVS) and Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today announced a joint effort to [Read More]