Jail Population September 17, 2018
Posted on September 18th, 2018
Q. What does Behind the Walls mean?
A. The behind the walls jail population is physically housed under the Sheriff’s custody 24 hours a day/7 days a week. This includes all the populations listed on the key above and pie chart to the left – Divisional populations male & female, Outside Counties, Hospital, PRC, Women’s Residential, & VRIC. Detainees in court-ordered treatment programs (PRC, Women’s Residential, VRIC) are housed at CCDOC 24 hours a day/7 days week.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]