Jail Population February 2, 2019
Posted on February 4th, 2019
Q. What does Behind the Walls mean?
A. The behind the walls jail population is physically housed under the Sheriff’s custody 24 hours a day/7 days a week. This includes all the populations listed on the key above and pie chart to the left – Divisional populations male & female, Outside Counties, Hospital, PRC, Women’s Residential, & VRIC. Detainees in court-ordered treatment programs (PRC, Women’s Residential, VRIC) are housed at CCDOC 24 hours a day/7 days week.
Recent Press Releases
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]
- Sheriff Warns of Phone Scam Involving Apple Inc.Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning of a sophisticated phone scam targeting Cook County [Read More]