Crestwood Man Charged with Possession of Child Pornography
Posted on April 9th, 2021
COOK COUNTY, IL – An 18-year-old Crestwood man has been charged with possession of child pornography after investigators found 70 images of child pornography on his phone, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Investigators from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victim’s Unit received a tip from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Cybertipline that Charles Martin, 18, of the 13000 block of South LeClaire Avenue, had multiple images of child pornography on his cell phone.
After obtaining a search warrant for his phone, on March 22 investigators visited his home and confiscated his cell phone.
On April 7, a forensic examination of his phone was completed which revealed 70 images of child pornography.
On Thursday, Martin was taken into custody and was charged with felony possession of child pornography. He appeared for a bond hearing on Friday, April 9 at the Markham Courthouse where he was issued a $10,000 D bond with electronic monitoring.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]
- Des Plaines Man Charged with Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a Minor and Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 69-year-old Des Plaines man has been charged with multiple felonies after he [Read More]
- 21 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Oak Lawn Man Charged in Death of Hometown Police LieutenantCOOK COUNTY, IL – An Oak Lawn man who allegedly struck and killed a Hometown Police Lieutenant [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is again urging the public to continue to [Read More]