Crestwood Man Charged with Possession of Child Pornography
Posted on April 9th, 2021
COOK COUNTY, IL – An 18-year-old Crestwood man has been charged with possession of child pornography after investigators found 70 images of child pornography on his phone, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Investigators from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victim’s Unit received a tip from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Cybertipline that Charles Martin, 18, of the 13000 block of South LeClaire Avenue, had multiple images of child pornography on his cell phone.
After obtaining a search warrant for his phone, on March 22 investigators visited his home and confiscated his cell phone.
On April 7, a forensic examination of his phone was completed which revealed 70 images of child pornography.
On Thursday, Martin was taken into custody and was charged with felony possession of child pornography. He appeared for a bond hearing on Friday, April 9 at the Markham Courthouse where he was issued a $10,000 D bond with electronic monitoring.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart’s Child Rescue Unit Locates 1000th Youth in CareCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Child Rescue Unit (CRU) located its 1,000th [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Chess Team Places Second in International Chess TournamentCOOK COUNTY, IL – Seven individuals in custody at the Cook County Jail competed this morning in an [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Multiple Felonies for Explicit Texts, Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man who engaged in sexually explicit conversations and sent graphic [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Spotlights Public-Facing Community Resource CenterCOOK COUNTY, IL – With significant challenges facing Chicago area residents who struggle with [Read More]
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]