The Cook County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) knows that social service needs and quality-of-life issues are faced every day by many, and simply connecting with assistance can be challenging. CCSO continues to recognize these gaps which often are not filled by anyone else and seeks to meet these needs by supporting community members, justice involved individuals, and persons served by CCSO’s social service programs, by providing linkage to a variety of treatment, care coordination, case management, and immediate service needs.
The Community Resource Center (CRC) is a virtual supportive services initiative created and launched by Sheriff Tom Dart, in direct response to the increase in critical situations caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, to connect individuals to resources in their communities. The CRC will leverage new and existing community partnerships to provide linkages to members of the community to address an individual’s unique mental health, substance abuse, housing, mortgage/rental assistance, trauma, domestic violence, and/or employment and financial needs, regardless of his/her/their involvement in the justice system.
By taking a person-centered, strength-based approach to supportive services, the CRC is dedicated to assisting individuals and their families gain access to needed services and community resources. The CRC staff includes clinical and non-clinical professionals bringing to the table a combined 100+ years of experience. CRC staff specialty areas of expertise include case management, domestic violence/survivor support services, care coordination, forensic psychology, counseling, behavioral health, substance use treatment, advocacy, and evictions social services.
Recent Press Releases
- 25 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Man Charged with Illegally Transferring FirearmCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 22-year-old Midlothian man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police [Read More]
- Man Charged with Aggravated Battery to a Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Cook County [Read More]
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Ford Heights ShootingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an investigation [Read More]
- Woman Charged with Stabbing Woman, Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 42-year-old woman has been charged with aggravated battery after a Cook County [Read More]