The Cook County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) knows that social service needs and quality-of-life issues are faced every day by many, and simply connecting with assistance can be challenging. CCSO continues to recognize these gaps which often are not filled by anyone else and seeks to meet these needs by supporting community members, justice involved individuals, and persons served by CCSO’s social service programs, by providing linkage to a variety of treatment, care coordination, case management, and immediate service needs.
The Community Resource Center (CRC) is a virtual supportive services initiative created and launched by Sheriff Tom Dart, in direct response to the increase in critical situations caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, to connect individuals to resources in their communities. The CRC will leverage new and existing community partnerships to provide linkages to members of the community to address an individual’s unique mental health, substance abuse, housing, mortgage/rental assistance, trauma, domestic violence, and/or employment and financial needs, regardless of his/her/their involvement in the justice system.
By taking a person-centered, strength-based approach to supportive services, the CRC is dedicated to assisting individuals and their families gain access to needed services and community resources. The CRC staff includes clinical and non-clinical professionals bringing to the table a combined 100+ years of experience. CRC staff specialty areas of expertise include case management, domestic violence/survivor support services, care coordination, forensic psychology, counseling, behavioral health, substance use treatment, advocacy, and evictions social services.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart’s Child Rescue Unit Locates 1000th Youth in CareCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Child Rescue Unit (CRU) located its 1,000th [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Chess Team Places Second in International Chess TournamentCOOK COUNTY, IL – Seven individuals in custody at the Cook County Jail competed this morning in an [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Multiple Felonies for Explicit Texts, Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man who engaged in sexually explicit conversations and sent graphic [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Spotlights Public-Facing Community Resource CenterCOOK COUNTY, IL – With significant challenges facing Chicago area residents who struggle with [Read More]
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]