The Cook County Sheriff’s Office has suspended enforcement of residential evictions except for emergency orders from the court stemming from health and safety concerns for the duration of the Governor’s Executive Order.
During such emergency evictions, the Sheriff’s Deputies conduct screenings for possible symptoms of COVID-19 and take appropriate measures if individuals are symptomatic including calling for emergency medical services.
Please download a Renters FAQ Sheet to determine if you are covered by the National Eviction Moratorium.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police K9 “Lula Belle” Finds Missing Person in StegerA Willow Springs man who was reported missing was safely located by Sheriff’s Police K9 Lula Belle [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Recovering at Home After Testing Positive for COVID-19On Friday, Nov. 27, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart received confirmation that he was positive for COVID-19 [Read More]