The Cook County Sheriff’s Office has suspended enforcement of residential evictions except for emergency orders from the court stemming from health and safety concerns for the duration of the Governor’s Executive Order.
During such emergency evictions, the Sheriff’s Deputies conduct screenings for possible symptoms of COVID-19 and take appropriate measures if individuals are symptomatic including calling for emergency medical services.
Please download a Renters FAQ Sheet to determine if you are covered by the National Eviction Moratorium.
Recent Press Releases
- 25 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Man Charged with Illegally Transferring FirearmCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 22-year-old Midlothian man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police [Read More]
- Man Charged with Aggravated Battery to a Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Cook County [Read More]
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Ford Heights ShootingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an investigation [Read More]
- Woman Charged with Stabbing Woman, Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 42-year-old woman has been charged with aggravated battery after a Cook County [Read More]