Cook County has the largest unified court system in the nation, with eleven courthouses located within the city of Chicago and six in the outlying Cook County suburbs. The Court Services Department provides security for all court facilities. Deputy sheriffs have the responsibility of providing security for judges and other court officials as well as jurors, handling prisoners, and screening all persons entering the courthouse to ensure that no illegal items or contraband are allowed into the secured facility. Deputy Sheriff’s have the responsibility for the service of summonses, warrants, orders of protection, eviction orders, and all law enforcement matters concerning Child Support Enforcement.
Recent Press Releases
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Warns of Ruse BurglariesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning the public about ruse burglaries following an [Read More]
- Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township ShootingTwo teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook [Read More]
- Matteson Man Charged after Sheriff’s Police Recover Two Loaded FirearmsA Matteson man has been charged after Sheriff’s Police recovered two loaded firearms during a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 390 ArrestsCOOK COUNTY, IL – More than 390 individuals were arrested by two dozen police agencies across the [Read More]