Cook County has the largest unified court system in the nation, with eleven courthouses located within the city of Chicago and six in the outlying Cook County suburbs. The Court Services Department provides security for all court facilities. Deputy sheriffs have the responsibility of providing security for judges and other court officials as well as jurors, handling prisoners, and screening all persons entering the courthouse to ensure that no illegal items or contraband are allowed into the secured facility. Deputy Sheriff’s have the responsibility for the service of summonses, warrants, orders of protection, eviction orders, and all law enforcement matters concerning Child Support Enforcement.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]