Cook County Sheriff’s Office Organizes Marrow Donor Registry
Posted on October 3rd, 2016
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office will host the 3rd Annual Encarnación Roldán Marrow Donor Registry, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
The drive honors Correctional Sergeant Roldán who passed away in 2014 after an arduous battle with Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office welcomes the public to honor the life of Sergeant Roldán and support other patients in need of a bone marrow donor match tomorrow, Tuesday Oct 4th outside the Cook County Department of Corrections visitor’s entrance at 2700 S California Ave.
The marrow donor registry is a joint effort between Be The Match and Cook County Sheriff’s Office volunteers. Be The Match is the largest and most diverse marrow registry that helps patients find marrow donors and provides them with support throughout the transplant process.
Individuals between the ages of 18 and 44 are invited to join the registry. Participation takes less than five minutes, and consists of filling out an application form and performing a quick cheek swab. The entry will be incorporated into a national database, and if matched with a patient from around the country, you will be notified of the opportunity to make a life-saving donation.
When: Tuesday, October 4th from 11a.m. to 3p.m.
Where: 2700 S California Ave (CCDOC visitor’s entrance south of the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building)
If you are unable to attend, you can still participate by visiting: https://join.bethematch.org/ROLDAN
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]