Cook County Sheriff’s Office Organizes Marrow Donor Registry
Posted on October 3rd, 2016
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office will host the 3rd Annual Encarnación Roldán Marrow Donor Registry, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
The drive honors Correctional Sergeant Roldán who passed away in 2014 after an arduous battle with Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office welcomes the public to honor the life of Sergeant Roldán and support other patients in need of a bone marrow donor match tomorrow, Tuesday Oct 4th outside the Cook County Department of Corrections visitor’s entrance at 2700 S California Ave.
The marrow donor registry is a joint effort between Be The Match and Cook County Sheriff’s Office volunteers. Be The Match is the largest and most diverse marrow registry that helps patients find marrow donors and provides them with support throughout the transplant process.
Individuals between the ages of 18 and 44 are invited to join the registry. Participation takes less than five minutes, and consists of filling out an application form and performing a quick cheek swab. The entry will be incorporated into a national database, and if matched with a patient from around the country, you will be notified of the opportunity to make a life-saving donation.
When: Tuesday, October 4th from 11a.m. to 3p.m.
Where: 2700 S California Ave (CCDOC visitor’s entrance south of the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building)
If you are unable to attend, you can still participate by visiting: https://join.bethematch.org/ROLDAN
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]