Cook County Sheriff’s Office to Host Motorcycle Ride to Support Veterans
Posted on August 28th, 2015
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office will be honoring women and men from our Armed Forces this weekend by hosting the 7th Annual Law Enforcement Ride for Veterans on Saturday, August 29th.
Approximately 150 bike riders will participate in the 82 mile journey that begins at the Bridgeview Courthouse at 11:30 a.m.
At 2:00 p.m. the riders will congregate at the Middle East Conflicts Memorial Wall in Marseilles, Illinois to hold a commemoration for those who lost their lives protecting our country, including two Cook County Sheriff’s employees Correctional Officer Jason A. Vazquez and Drill Instructor Derwin I. Williams.
The riders will then resume and finish their trajectory in Seneca, Illinois. All proceeds from this event will benefit Adopt-a-Platoon, a nationwide organization managed by military mothers to assist military families and lift the morale of troops.
Cook County Sheriff’s Law Enforcement Ride for Veterans
Saturday August 29th, 2015 12:00 P.M.
Departure: Bridgeview Courthouse
2:00 P.M. Ceremony: The Middle East Conflicts Wall Memorial – Marseilles, Illinois
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]