Cook County Sheriff’s Office to Host Motorcycle Ride to Support Veterans
Posted on August 28th, 2015
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office will be honoring women and men from our Armed Forces this weekend by hosting the 7th Annual Law Enforcement Ride for Veterans on Saturday, August 29th.
Approximately 150 bike riders will participate in the 82 mile journey that begins at the Bridgeview Courthouse at 11:30 a.m.
At 2:00 p.m. the riders will congregate at the Middle East Conflicts Memorial Wall in Marseilles, Illinois to hold a commemoration for those who lost their lives protecting our country, including two Cook County Sheriff’s employees Correctional Officer Jason A. Vazquez and Drill Instructor Derwin I. Williams.
The riders will then resume and finish their trajectory in Seneca, Illinois. All proceeds from this event will benefit Adopt-a-Platoon, a nationwide organization managed by military mothers to assist military families and lift the morale of troops.
Cook County Sheriff’s Law Enforcement Ride for Veterans
Saturday August 29th, 2015 12:00 P.M.
Departure: Bridgeview Courthouse
2:00 P.M. Ceremony: The Middle East Conflicts Wall Memorial – Marseilles, Illinois
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]