Cook County Sheriff’s Office to Host Motorcycle Ride to Support Veterans
Posted on August 28th, 2015
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office will be honoring women and men from our Armed Forces this weekend by hosting the 7th Annual Law Enforcement Ride for Veterans on Saturday, August 29th.
Approximately 150 bike riders will participate in the 82 mile journey that begins at the Bridgeview Courthouse at 11:30 a.m.
At 2:00 p.m. the riders will congregate at the Middle East Conflicts Memorial Wall in Marseilles, Illinois to hold a commemoration for those who lost their lives protecting our country, including two Cook County Sheriff’s employees Correctional Officer Jason A. Vazquez and Drill Instructor Derwin I. Williams.
The riders will then resume and finish their trajectory in Seneca, Illinois. All proceeds from this event will benefit Adopt-a-Platoon, a nationwide organization managed by military mothers to assist military families and lift the morale of troops.
Cook County Sheriff’s Law Enforcement Ride for Veterans
Saturday August 29th, 2015 12:00 P.M.
Departure: Bridgeview Courthouse
2:00 P.M. Ceremony: The Middle East Conflicts Wall Memorial – Marseilles, Illinois
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]