Cook County Jail Detainees Isolated Due to Flu-like Symptoms
Posted on January 26th, 2016
Three living units at the Cook County Jail are under isolation and a fourth is under heightened surveillance after detainee there began showing flu-like symptoms, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Detainees in the following living units are under isolation, which means no movement, including visits: Division 08/Residential Treatment Unit (RTU) Tier 2E, Division 1 Tier E3 and Cermak Hospital Unit 3 South.
Division 3 Annex Tier B3 is under heightened surveillance, which allows for limited movement, such as court appearances. Detainees are being screened carefully before any movement and throughout their stay there.
The areas under isolation and heightened surveillance affect approximately 70 detainees.
Friends and family of detainees may check their loved ones’ housing location on the jail’s online inmate locator on the Sheriff’s Office’s website, www.cookcountysheriff.org. They may also call the jail’s information center at 773-674-5225.
In an effort to contain the symptoms and minimize impact to staff and inmates, Cook County Jail will enhance its regular disinfection efforts across the compound. Cook County Jail staff and their medical partners are closely monitoring the situation.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]