Cook County Jail Detainees Isolated Due to Flu-like Symptoms
Posted on January 26th, 2016
Three living units at the Cook County Jail are under isolation and a fourth is under heightened surveillance after detainee there began showing flu-like symptoms, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Detainees in the following living units are under isolation, which means no movement, including visits: Division 08/Residential Treatment Unit (RTU) Tier 2E, Division 1 Tier E3 and Cermak Hospital Unit 3 South.
Division 3 Annex Tier B3 is under heightened surveillance, which allows for limited movement, such as court appearances. Detainees are being screened carefully before any movement and throughout their stay there.
The areas under isolation and heightened surveillance affect approximately 70 detainees.
Friends and family of detainees may check their loved ones’ housing location on the jail’s online inmate locator on the Sheriff’s Office’s website, www.cookcountysheriff.org. They may also call the jail’s information center at 773-674-5225.
In an effort to contain the symptoms and minimize impact to staff and inmates, Cook County Jail will enhance its regular disinfection efforts across the compound. Cook County Jail staff and their medical partners are closely monitoring the situation.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]