Cook County Jail Detainee Sentenced to 15 Years for Solicitation of Murder
Posted on April 23rd, 2018
A Cook County Jail inmate has been sentenced to 15 years for solicitation of murder in which he sought someone to kill witnesses in his case, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Ivan Flores, 22, was originally booked into the jail on March 17, 2016 on an aggravated criminal sexual abuse case. Sheriff’s Office investigators developed information that Flores, while in jail custody, was looking for someone to kill witnesses in his case.
On Sept. 11, 2016, Flores met with a male visitor at the jail. During that conversation, Flores requested that the man – who in actuality was an undercover Sheriff’s Office investigator – kill two witnesses and offered to pay him $5,000 to do so.
Flores was charged on Jan. 12, 2017 with solicitation of murder and solicitation of murder for hire, in which he admitted to his involvement in this case. His bond was set at $500,000-D on Jan. 13, 2017. The bond was in addition to the $100,000 D-bond on the aggravated criminal sexual abuse case.
Today, Flores pleaded guilty to the solicitation of murder charge. He was sentenced to 15 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC). He was also sentenced to three years in IDOC for the aggravated criminal sexual abuse case.
Recent Press Releases
- Four Detainees Indicted in Connection with Robbery of another DetaineeFour detainees have been indicted on multiple felony charges in connection with a robbery of [Read More]
- Bill seeking to Reduce In-Custody Childbirths Passes Illinois General AssemblyA groundbreaking bill seeking to reduce the number of children born in custody to pre-trial [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Detainee Indicted on Charge of Aggravated AssaultA Cook County Jail detainee was indicted this week on a charge of aggravated assault against a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Save Second Person’s Life with NaloxoneCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Skokie man found unresponsive Wednesday morning in a courthouse bathroom was [Read More]
- Bill Seeking Heavy Sanctions for Indecent Exposure by Cook County Jail Detainees Passes Illinois Senate CommitteeA bill seeking to enact harsher penalties on detainees who expose themselves and conduct lewd [Read More]