Cook County Jail Detainee Sentenced to 15 Years for Solicitation of Murder
Posted on April 23rd, 2018
A Cook County Jail inmate has been sentenced to 15 years for solicitation of murder in which he sought someone to kill witnesses in his case, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Ivan Flores, 22, was originally booked into the jail on March 17, 2016 on an aggravated criminal sexual abuse case. Sheriff’s Office investigators developed information that Flores, while in jail custody, was looking for someone to kill witnesses in his case.
On Sept. 11, 2016, Flores met with a male visitor at the jail. During that conversation, Flores requested that the man – who in actuality was an undercover Sheriff’s Office investigator – kill two witnesses and offered to pay him $5,000 to do so.
Flores was charged on Jan. 12, 2017 with solicitation of murder and solicitation of murder for hire, in which he admitted to his involvement in this case. His bond was set at $500,000-D on Jan. 13, 2017. The bond was in addition to the $100,000 D-bond on the aggravated criminal sexual abuse case.
Today, Flores pleaded guilty to the solicitation of murder charge. He was sentenced to 15 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC). He was also sentenced to three years in IDOC for the aggravated criminal sexual abuse case.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]