Cook County Jail Detainee Sentenced to 15 Years for Solicitation of Murder
Posted on April 23rd, 2018
A Cook County Jail inmate has been sentenced to 15 years for solicitation of murder in which he sought someone to kill witnesses in his case, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Ivan Flores, 22, was originally booked into the jail on March 17, 2016 on an aggravated criminal sexual abuse case. Sheriff’s Office investigators developed information that Flores, while in jail custody, was looking for someone to kill witnesses in his case.
On Sept. 11, 2016, Flores met with a male visitor at the jail. During that conversation, Flores requested that the man – who in actuality was an undercover Sheriff’s Office investigator – kill two witnesses and offered to pay him $5,000 to do so.
Flores was charged on Jan. 12, 2017 with solicitation of murder and solicitation of murder for hire, in which he admitted to his involvement in this case. His bond was set at $500,000-D on Jan. 13, 2017. The bond was in addition to the $100,000 D-bond on the aggravated criminal sexual abuse case.
Today, Flores pleaded guilty to the solicitation of murder charge. He was sentenced to 15 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC). He was also sentenced to three years in IDOC for the aggravated criminal sexual abuse case.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]