Cook County Jail Detainee Sentenced to 15 Years for Solicitation of Murder
Posted on April 23rd, 2018
A Cook County Jail inmate has been sentenced to 15 years for solicitation of murder in which he sought someone to kill witnesses in his case, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Ivan Flores, 22, was originally booked into the jail on March 17, 2016 on an aggravated criminal sexual abuse case. Sheriff’s Office investigators developed information that Flores, while in jail custody, was looking for someone to kill witnesses in his case.
On Sept. 11, 2016, Flores met with a male visitor at the jail. During that conversation, Flores requested that the man – who in actuality was an undercover Sheriff’s Office investigator – kill two witnesses and offered to pay him $5,000 to do so.
Flores was charged on Jan. 12, 2017 with solicitation of murder and solicitation of murder for hire, in which he admitted to his involvement in this case. His bond was set at $500,000-D on Jan. 13, 2017. The bond was in addition to the $100,000 D-bond on the aggravated criminal sexual abuse case.
Today, Flores pleaded guilty to the solicitation of murder charge. He was sentenced to 15 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC). He was also sentenced to three years in IDOC for the aggravated criminal sexual abuse case.
Recent Press Releases
- Two Men Charged After Being Found with Stolen VehicleTwo men have been charged after a traffic stop revealed they were in possession of a stolen [Read More]
- Man Charged with First Degree Murder in Robbins KillingA 60-year-old Blue Island man has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of a [Read More]
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]