Cook County Jail Detainee Charged with Sexual Exploitation of a Child
Posted on January 19th, 2018
A maximum security Cook County Jail detainee has been charged after an investigation found he indecently exposed himself during a visit in view of a child, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the investigation, on Jan. 10 detainee Devon McCaulley exposed himself and engaged in sexual misconduct while visiting with his girlfriend in Division 9, and a girl, who was with her family visiting another detainee, saw the act.
On Jan. 18. McCaulley, 26, was charged with sexual exploitation of a child in which the child is under 13, a class 4 felony. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courthouse. If convicted of sexual exploitation of a child, in addition to the sentence imposed, McCaulley would also be required to register as sex offender for 10 years.
McCaulley has been in jail since February 2014, when he was ordered held without bond on a murder charge.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Two Men Charged After Being Found with Stolen VehicleTwo men have been charged after a traffic stop revealed they were in possession of a stolen [Read More]
- Man Charged with First Degree Murder in Robbins KillingA 60-year-old Blue Island man has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of a [Read More]
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]