Cook County Jail Detainee Charged with Sexual Exploitation of a Child
Posted on January 19th, 2018
A maximum security Cook County Jail detainee has been charged after an investigation found he indecently exposed himself during a visit in view of a child, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the investigation, on Jan. 10 detainee Devon McCaulley exposed himself and engaged in sexual misconduct while visiting with his girlfriend in Division 9, and a girl, who was with her family visiting another detainee, saw the act.
On Jan. 18. McCaulley, 26, was charged with sexual exploitation of a child in which the child is under 13, a class 4 felony. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courthouse. If convicted of sexual exploitation of a child, in addition to the sentence imposed, McCaulley would also be required to register as sex offender for 10 years.
McCaulley has been in jail since February 2014, when he was ordered held without bond on a murder charge.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Two Charged in Ford Heights Armed RobberyTwo teens have been charged with armed robbery after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation [Read More]
- Two Charged after Sheriff’s Police Recover Loaded FirearmsTwo teens have been charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon after Cook County Sheriff’s [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Launches Opioid Crisis Awareness PodcastCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart launched an opioid crisis awareness [Read More]
- Two Charged after Loaded Gun, Suspected Heroin Found During Court-Ordered EvictionTwo people have been charged with multiple felonies after a loaded firearm and [Read More]
- Electronically Monitored Defendant who Leapt to His Escape ApprehendedCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today that an electronically monitored defendant who [Read More]