Cook County Jail Detainee Charged with Sexual Exploitation of a Child
Posted on January 19th, 2018
A maximum security Cook County Jail detainee has been charged after an investigation found he indecently exposed himself during a visit in view of a child, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the investigation, on Jan. 10 detainee Devon McCaulley exposed himself and engaged in sexual misconduct while visiting with his girlfriend in Division 9, and a girl, who was with her family visiting another detainee, saw the act.
On Jan. 18. McCaulley, 26, was charged with sexual exploitation of a child in which the child is under 13, a class 4 felony. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courthouse. If convicted of sexual exploitation of a child, in addition to the sentence imposed, McCaulley would also be required to register as sex offender for 10 years.
McCaulley has been in jail since February 2014, when he was ordered held without bond on a murder charge.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]