Cook County Jail Detainee Charged with Sexual Exploitation of a Child
Posted on January 19th, 2018
A maximum security Cook County Jail detainee has been charged after an investigation found he indecently exposed himself during a visit in view of a child, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the investigation, on Jan. 10 detainee Devon McCaulley exposed himself and engaged in sexual misconduct while visiting with his girlfriend in Division 9, and a girl, who was with her family visiting another detainee, saw the act.
On Jan. 18. McCaulley, 26, was charged with sexual exploitation of a child in which the child is under 13, a class 4 felony. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courthouse. If convicted of sexual exploitation of a child, in addition to the sentence imposed, McCaulley would also be required to register as sex offender for 10 years.
McCaulley has been in jail since February 2014, when he was ordered held without bond on a murder charge.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Four Detainees Indicted in Connection with Robbery of another DetaineeFour detainees have been indicted on multiple felony charges in connection with a robbery of [Read More]
- Bill seeking to Reduce In-Custody Childbirths Passes Illinois General AssemblyA groundbreaking bill seeking to reduce the number of children born in custody to pre-trial [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Detainee Indicted on Charge of Aggravated AssaultA Cook County Jail detainee was indicted this week on a charge of aggravated assault against a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Save Second Person’s Life with NaloxoneCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Skokie man found unresponsive Wednesday morning in a courthouse bathroom was [Read More]
- Bill Seeking Heavy Sanctions for Indecent Exposure by Cook County Jail Detainees Passes Illinois Senate CommitteeA bill seeking to enact harsher penalties on detainees who expose themselves and conduct lewd [Read More]