Jail Visitation and ADA Accommodations
Visiting an inmate
In person Visitation – Please click here to schedule your in person visit: https://dvv.ccsheriff.org/
Family Video Visits – Conducted via SKYPE. The visitor must have an active SKYPE account set up with an email address. To set up an account visit: https://www.skype.com/en/.
Violations – CCDOC Rules and Regulations apply to video visits – no drinking, smoking, inappropriate behavior or nudity. Violations can result in the revocation of visiting privileges. To view additional CCDOC Rules and Regulations please visit: https://inmatelocator.ccsheriff.org/Home/RulesandRegulations
Family and friends wishing to participate and receive either an In-Person or Video Visit may consult with their loved one. Next, your detained friend or family member will need to add your name to the visitation list and you will be contacted by a CCSO staff member to schedule a day and time for your visit.
Finding an inmate’s housing location
To find an inmate’s housing location call 773-674-5245 or click here to visit the inmate locator online.
The first characters in the inmate housing location list the division where the inmate is assigned (e.g. DIV2, DIV08).
The second set of characters in the inmate’s housing location are the detainee’s tier or living unit (e.g. 2B or Q1). Look for the tier on the schedule, and the day of the week and hours where the tier is listed.
The below divisional visiting schedule is not being followed due to our Covid 19 modified visitation procedures.
Visitors with Disability Accommodations
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office policy is to comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), including changes made by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. The ADA prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities. The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing equal access and reasonable accommodations to its visitors with disabilities. Depending on the nature of the accommodation request, we may require advance notice. Visitors with questions or requests concerning reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Compliance Officer by calling 773-674-7768 during normal business hours, or emailing CCSO.ADA@ccsheriff.org during non-business hours.
Recent Press Releases
- Manager Charged In Connection With Ongoing Criminal Investigation of Sexual Harassment at Edward Hines, Jr. VA HospitalCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives are conducting an ongoing investigation [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation to Resume Sunday, March 14, at Cook County JailCOOK COUNTY, IL – In-person visitation at the Cook County Jail is scheduled to resume on Sunday, [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution Following Sheriff’s Police StingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution after Cook County [Read More]
- La Grange Park Man Charged with Aggravated Vehicular HijackingCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police arrested a 20-year-old La Grange Park man after he [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]