Jail Visitation and ADA Accommodations
Visiting an inmate
The Cook County Department of Corrections encourages regular visits from family and friends. Shortened staffing levels or building lockdowns can limit inmate visitation times.
An inmate’s housing location will help you find visitation locations, days and times.
Finding an inmate’s housing location
To find an inmate’s housing location call 773-674-5245 or click here to visit the inmate locator online.
The first characters in the inmate housing location list the division where the inmate is assigned (e.g. DIV2, DIV08).
The second set of characters in the inmate’s housing location are the detainee’s tier or living unit (e.g. 2B or Q1). Look for the tier on the schedule, and the day of the week and hours where the tier is listed.
Visitors with Disability Accommodations
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office policy is to comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), including changes made by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. The ADA prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities. The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing equal access and reasonable accommodations to its visitors with disabilities. Depending on the nature of the accommodation request, we may require advance notice. Visitors with questions or requests concerning reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Compliance Officer by calling 773-674-7768 during normal business hours, or emailing CCSO.ADA@cookcountyil.gov during non-business hours.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]