Jail Visitation and ADA Accommodations
Visiting an inmate
The Cook County Department of Corrections encourages regular visits from family and friends. Shortened staffing levels or building lockdowns can limit inmate visitation times.
An inmate’s housing location will help you find visitation locations, days and times.
Finding an inmate’s housing location
To find an inmate’s housing location call 773-674-5245 or click here to visit the inmate locator online.
The first characters in the inmate housing location list the division where the inmate is assigned (e.g. DIV2, DIV08).
The second set of characters in the inmate’s housing location are the detainee’s tier or living unit (e.g. 2B or Q1). Look for the tier on the schedule, and the day of the week and hours where the tier is listed.
Visitors with Disability Accommodations
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office policy is to comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), including changes made by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. The ADA prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities. The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing equal access and reasonable accommodations to its visitors with disabilities. Depending on the nature of the accommodation request, we may require advance notice. Visitors with questions or requests concerning reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Compliance Officer by calling 773-674-7768 during normal business hours, or emailing CCSO.ADA@cookcountyil.gov during non-business hours.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]