Jail Visitation and ADA Accommodations
Visiting an inmate
In person Visitation – Please click here to schedule your in person visit: https://dvv.ccsheriff.org/
Family Video Visits – Conducted via SKYPE. The visitor must have an active SKYPE account set up with an email address. To set up an account visit: https://www.skype.com/en/.
Violations – CCDOC Rules and Regulations apply to video visits – no drinking, smoking, inappropriate behavior or nudity. Violations can result in the revocation of visiting privileges. To view additional CCDOC Rules and Regulations please visit: https://inmatelocator.ccsheriff.org/Home/RulesandRegulations
Family and friends wishing to participate and receive either an In-Person or Video Visit may consult with their loved one. Next, your detained friend or family member will need to add your name to the visitation list and you will be contacted by a CCSO staff member to schedule a day and time for your visit.
Finding an inmate’s housing location
To find an inmate’s housing location call 773-674-5245 or click here to visit the inmate locator online.
The first characters in the inmate housing location list the division where the inmate is assigned (e.g. DIV2, DIV08).
The second set of characters in the inmate’s housing location are the detainee’s tier or living unit (e.g. 2B or Q1). Look for the tier on the schedule, and the day of the week and hours where the tier is listed.
The below divisional visiting schedule is not being followed due to our Covid 19 modified visitation procedures.
Visitors with Disability Accommodations
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office policy is to comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), including changes made by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. The ADA prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities. The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing equal access and reasonable accommodations to its visitors with disabilities. Depending on the nature of the accommodation request, we may require advance notice. Visitors with questions or requests concerning reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Compliance Officer by calling 773-674-7768 during normal business hours, or emailing CCSO.ADA@ccsheriff.org during non-business hours.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart’s Child Rescue Unit Locates 1000th Youth in CareCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Child Rescue Unit (CRU) located its 1,000th [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Chess Team Places Second in International Chess TournamentCOOK COUNTY, IL – Seven individuals in custody at the Cook County Jail competed this morning in an [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Multiple Felonies for Explicit Texts, Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man who engaged in sexually explicit conversations and sent graphic [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Spotlights Public-Facing Community Resource CenterCOOK COUNTY, IL – With significant challenges facing Chicago area residents who struggle with [Read More]
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]