Jail Visitation and ADA Accommodations
Visiting an inmate
The Cook County Department of Corrections encourages regular visits from family and friends. Shortened staffing levels or building lockdowns can limit inmate visitation times.
An inmate’s housing location will help you find visitation locations, days and times.
Finding an inmate’s housing location
To find an inmate’s housing location call 773-674-5245 or click here to visit the inmate locator online.
The first characters in the inmate housing location list the division where the inmate is assigned (e.g. DIV2, DIV08).
The second set of characters in the inmate’s housing location are the detainee’s tier or living unit (e.g. 2B or Q1). Look for the tier on the schedule, and the day of the week and hours where the tier is listed.
Visitors with Disability Accommodations
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office policy is to comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), including changes made by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. The ADA prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities. The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing equal access and reasonable accommodations to its visitors with disabilities. Depending on the nature of the accommodation request, we may require advance notice. Visitors with questions or requests concerning reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Compliance Officer by calling 773-674-7768 during normal business hours, or emailing CCSO.ADA@cookcountyil.gov during non-business hours.
Recent Press Releases
- Two Charged after Loaded Gun, Suspected Heroin Found During Court-Ordered EvictionTwo people have been charged with multiple felonies after a loaded firearm and [Read More]
- Electronically Monitored Defendant who Leapt to His Escape ApprehendedCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today that an electronically monitored defendant who [Read More]
- Electronically Monitored Defendant Jumps from Balcony, FleesThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in locating a 23-year-old man who was [Read More]
- Detainee Charged in Attack on Cook County Jail StaffA detainee has been charged after a Sheriff’s Office investigation found he attacked a Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Launches Program to Address Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today the launch of the Sheriff’s Opioid Addiction [Read More]