Jail Visitation and ADA Accommodations
Visiting an inmate
The Cook County Department of Corrections encourages regular visits from family and friends. Shortened staffing levels or building lockdowns can limit inmate visitation times.
An inmate’s housing location will help you find visitation locations, days and times.
Finding an inmate’s housing location
To find an inmate’s housing location call 773-674-5245 or click here to visit the inmate locator online.
The first characters in the inmate housing location list the division where the inmate is assigned (e.g. DIV2, DIV08).
The second set of characters in the inmate’s housing location are the detainee’s tier or living unit (e.g. 2B or Q1). Look for the tier on the schedule, and the day of the week and hours where the tier is listed.
Visitors with Disability Accommodations
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office policy is to comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), including changes made by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. The ADA prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities. The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing equal access and reasonable accommodations to its visitors with disabilities. Depending on the nature of the accommodation request, we may require advance notice. Visitors with questions or requests concerning reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Compliance Officer by calling 773-674-7768 during normal business hours, or emailing CCSO.ADA@cookcountyil.gov during non-business hours.
Recent Press Releases
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]
- Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a WeaponA Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has [Read More]
- Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against DriverAn Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found [Read More]