Inmate Trust Account
Contacting the Trust and Finance Offices
For Family and Friends who wish to obtain information on how to add money to a detainee’s Inmate Trust Fund account or to inquire about monies you have sent to a detainee, please contact:
Trust Office: 773-674-6864
Hours: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
If you are a former detainee, or currently on Electronic Monitoring, and would like to collect your funds:
Finance Office: 773-674-6860
Hours 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Each inmate at the Cook County Department of Corrections has an Inmate Trust Fund account, which allows an inmate to receive funds to use on commissary, among other items.
Each week, an inmate can purchase up to $100 worth of clothing and supplies and $100 worth of food items.
- Stamped envelopes
- Phone cards
- Food items (supplementary to the meals provided)
Adding money to a detainee’s trust fund account (books)
You can add money to a detainee’s books by
- Online or Telephone deposits
- Currency Exchange facilities
- Cash Pay Today locations
- United States Postal Service
- Jail’s lobby kiosks
Collecting or forwarding funds
If you were discharged and want to cash out your funds, visit the Division 5 Lobby front desk, present a valid government issued photo identification (e.g. State Driver’s License, State ID) and informing the front desk officer that you are collecting your funds.
2700 S. California Ave.
Chicago, IL 60608
Hours: 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
If you wish to have your funds mailed or a relative’s funds forwarded to their current correctional or mental health housing facility, please contact the Finance Office at 773-674-6860.
The Finance Office (Inmate Trust Fund) can only mail out funds to the current address on file. Detainees who are currently on Electronic Monitoring [EM] will have their funds mailed to the current EM address, upon telephone or detainee letter request. Detainees who are currently housed at another facility will have their funds mailed to that facility upon the respective facility’s staff telephone or detainee letter request.
Letters can be mailed to:
Cook County Department of Corrections
Finance Office – Inmate Trust Fund
Division 5 Second Floor
2700 S California Avenue
Chicago, IL 60608
Online and Telephone Deposits
There are three vendors to choose from – Western Union / Money Gram / Access Corrections. Funds take 1-2 business days to post on the detainee’s account.
For each even, you will need the exact spelling of the detainee’s name and Booking Number as it appears on our website.
The Booking identification number can be found by clicking on the inmate locator online or by calling our Records Office at 773 674-2390.
The City Code is: CCDOC or COOK COUNTY DEPT CORRECTION
Visit Western Union online. Select Send Money, then Send Money to an Inmate and follow site’s instructions.
For questions, concerns or to add funds via Western Union over the phone, call 1-800-225-5227
The Receive code is 1750
Visit Money Gram online. Click on the Learn More dropdown link, then select How to Send Money where you’ll see the option Send Money to an Inmate. Follow the site’s instructions.
For questions, concerns or to add funds via Money Gram over the phone, call 1-1800-666-3947
No code necessary
Visit Access Corrections online. Click Create Account and follow the site’s instructions.
For questions, concerns or to add funds via Access Corrections over the phone, call 1-866-345-1884
Currency Exchange Facilities
Deposit funds in-person at Currency Exchanges that offer Western Union, Money Gram or Cash Pay Today services.
City Code: CCDOC or COOK COUNTY DEPT CORRECTION
Money GramReceive Code: 1750
Access Corrections Visit Cash Pay Today to register and find nearby locations or call 1-844-340-2274
United States Postal Service (USPS)
We only accept Money Orders for $100 or less; any orders over this amount will be returned.
If you want to send more than $100, you can do so in multiple Money Orders or through a Cashier’s Check.
Money Orders and Cashier’s Checks should be made payable to the detainee, using the exact name and Booking Identification Number as it appears on the inmate locator online.
We do not accept cash through the mail under any circumstances.
Send the Money Order or Cashier’s Check to the following address:
Cook County Department of Corrections
[DETAINEE NAME] [DETAINEE BOOKING IDENTIFICATION NUMBER] P.O. Box 089002 Chicago, IL 60608
Money Orders and Cashier’s Checks may take up to 5 business days be processed and posted to the detainee’s account.
Jail Lobby Kiosk
You can add cash funds by visiting the kiosks throughout the compound
- External Post 5 [Front Gate Entrance] – 2700 S. California Ave. Chicago, IL 60608
- External Post 7 – 2834 W. 31st Street Chicago, IL 60608
- External Post 9 – 2805 S. Sacramento Chicago, IL 60608
- Division 10 Lobby – 2950 S. California Chicago, IL 60608
- Division 11 Lobby – 3015 S. California Blvd. Chicago, IL 60608
- Division 5 Lobby – 2700 S California Ave. Chicago, IL 60608
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]