Frequently Asked Questions
I would like to visit an inmate, how can I find out the inmate’s housing location?
Use our automated system 773-674-5245 or click here.
Are money orders accepted for bonding purposes?
No, we do not accept money orders for bonding purposes; only cash, certified checks and credit cards (in person at the Division 5 lobby) are accepted.
Certified checks must be used during normal banking hours.
If you’re posting a bond by credit card, you must go in-person to Division 5 located at 2700 S. California Ave. Chicago, IL 60608.
For more information on posting bond, click here.
What is the address to send mail to an inmate?
The mailing address for sending letters to detainees is:
P.O. Box 089002
Chicago, Illinois 60608
Be sure to include with the address the detainees name and I.D. number (also known as booking number).
(I.D. numbers can be retrieved from our automated system 773-674-5245 or click here).
What items CANNOT be mailed to an inmate?
Click here to view the list of items that cannot be mailed to an inmate
Some of these items will be made available to the inmate through commissary.
You personally deposit inmate funds 24 hours a day at the automated kiosk found in the lobby of Division 5 at 2700 S. California Ave. Chicago, IL 60608.
For other inquiries related to the jail, you can call the customer service line at 773-674-1945 from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. 7 days a week.
Recent Press Releases
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Warns of Ruse BurglariesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning the public about ruse burglaries following an [Read More]
- Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township ShootingTwo teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook [Read More]
- Matteson Man Charged after Sheriff’s Police Recover Two Loaded FirearmsA Matteson man has been charged after Sheriff’s Police recovered two loaded firearms during a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 390 ArrestsCOOK COUNTY, IL – More than 390 individuals were arrested by two dozen police agencies across the [Read More]