Frequently Asked Questions
I would like to visit an inmate, how can I find out the inmate’s housing location?
Use our automated system 773-674-5245 or click here.
Are money orders accepted for bonding purposes?
No, we do not accept money orders for bonding purposes; only cash, certified checks and credit cards (in person at the Division 5 lobby) are accepted.
Certified checks must be used during normal banking hours.
If you’re posting a bond by credit card, you must go in-person to Division 5 located at 2700 S. California Ave. Chicago, IL 60608.
For more information on posting bond, click here.
You personally deposit inmate funds 24 hours a day at the automated kiosk found in the lobby of Division 5 at 2700 S. California Ave. Chicago, IL 60608.
For other inquiries related to the jail, you can call the customer service line at 773-674-1945 from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. 7 days a week.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart Launches Community Resource CenterIn light of the impending evictions crisis and growing need for mental health, substance abuse, and [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Announces Electronic Monitoring Program Transition from Radio Frequency to GPS BraceletsTo address the continued increase of criminal defendants court-ordered to the Sheriff’s Electronic [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police and Deputies Assist Chicago Police Department with LootingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office deployed approximately 120 additional officers to the South and [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Calls for Legislation to Require FOID Card Verification to Prevent Illegal Ammunition PurchasesCOOK COUNTY, IL – With Chicago reeling from a sharp increase in shootings and gun-related homicides [Read More]
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]