Frequently Asked Questions
I would like to visit an inmate, how can I find out the inmate’s housing location?
Use our automated system 773-674-5245 or click here.
Are money orders accepted for bonding purposes?
No, we do not accept money orders for bonding purposes; only cash, certified checks and credit cards (in person at the Division 5 lobby) are accepted.
Certified checks must be used during normal banking hours.
If you’re posting a bond by credit card, you must go in-person to Division 5 located at 2700 S. California Ave. Chicago, IL 60608.
For more information on posting bond, click here.
You personally deposit inmate funds 24 hours a day at the automated kiosk found in the lobby of Division 5 at 2700 S. California Ave. Chicago, IL 60608.
For other inquiries related to the jail, you can call the customer service line at 773-674-1945 from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. 7 days a week.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]